Did our Wasp pull a fast one ?

And in any case, there are some things that AREN'T scared by a wasp.....

Thanks man you just made my day with that. And DT are you suggesting that you would perform oral stimulation on your bank manager for a mere 100k? Good luck to you on that. :LOL:

Thanks man you just made my day with that. And DT are you suggesting that you would perform oral stimulation on your bank manager for a mere 100k? Good luck to you on that. :LOL:

For 100K - no. For 100% - yes.

Bit of listerine after to get the taste out - who's to know ?

Actually I think what it usually indicates is people aren't really responding to the truly hypothetical question (i.e. they aren't really taking it as read that the money is genuinely risk free). They are responding to the question "What if a bank OFFERED you 100% risk free money?" and basically indicating that they would be sceptical about the claim and that they would subsequently rather make 20% knwing they were in control of the risk.

Nope - they are definitely saying "it's he principle, not the money"

Anyone that turns down a risk free 100% return on their money is what is technically known as "a total ****ing idiot".

True but then I would be suspicious of anything offering that kind of return that is stated as being risk free. In my experience I have never seen anything that offers this without substantial risk being incurred.

Paul

True but then I would be suspicious of anything offering that kind of return that is stated as being risk free. In my experience I have never seen anything that offers this without substantial risk being incurred.

Paul

There is plenty of risk free income in fund management i.e hedge funds , investment funds ,forex funds and other funds.Some charge as much 40 % with investors taking risks on losses .Set up a few funds and one can easily make 100 % per annum risk free from various funds.

Actually I think what it usually indicates is people aren't really responding to the truly hypothetical question (i.e. they aren't really taking it as read that the money is genuinely risk free). They are responding to the question "What if a bank OFFERED you 100% risk free money?" and basically indicating that they would be sceptical about the claim and that they would subsequently rather make 20% knwing they were in control of the risk.

Of course most people, offered really truly 100% risk free money would take it.

But how is that relevant in the context of a thread about a confidence trickster. Risk free it most certainly wasn't by the sounds of things....

GJ

Coounter-party risk ....
I would have a hard time believing 100% risk free return. Icesave, NorthernRock, AIG

Attachments

• wasp.jpg
    wasp.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 470
There is plenty of risk free income in fund management i.e hedge funds , investment funds ,forex funds and other funds

This statement above contradicts your next one which is

Some charge as much 40 % with investors taking risks on losses

If you take a risk on losses then how can it be risk free ?

Paul

This statement above contradicts your next one which is

If you take a risk on losses then how can it be risk free ?

Paul

He's saying that the investors in the 'fund' are the people who have to eat the losses. Risk free for you (the fund manager)

edit: DT beat me too it