Did our Wasp pull a fast one ?

Hi Ross,

Well I'm still crap at trading! In fact I've not done any for a while now as I don't have enough spare time and money! I still follow the charts though and do some demo trades so I hope to give it another go later this year... I pop by here ocassionally just to see what drama is going on - its better entertainment than Eastenders anyway! Are you well?

Sam.

Lol is that Socrates back ???

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Crikey he'll enjoy chatting with his Siamese twin TE haha.

Recently there has been another poster always asking why socrates was banned etc

Is this Sharky's son?Name like sharky 1:LOL::LOL:

Reactions: BSD
Think i've only seen one or two people on these boards say "billy big balls" and one of them is still active under a different user name.

I was thinking of changing my nick the other day to "site owner" for a laugh. I'm sure some bright spark will do it now.

Just found this here:

"I feel almost dissapointed in myself for starting such a thread but its just something that is on my mind alot, worsened by the whole 'wasp saga' amongst other things. (the fact that one of the generally accepted trading idols 'may' just be a charlatan)"
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/76224-trading-luck.html#post933994

And then I remembered that he went soliciting funds at some point:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-career-advice/44650-investment.html

In fact he sent me some pics of trades too with some unproven claims about performance, but he didn't offer any records or tax returns or an independent audit or anything professional like that so it would obviously never have been an option for me to invest with him anyway.

And I found his constant harping on about trading just price without indicators rather silly anyway and not anything I've ever really witnessed amongst other professional traders doing this for a living, and to be honest the trade charts he sent me with alleged trades of his seemed pretty woulda-coulda-shoulda 20/20 hindsight stuff.

But who knows, so whats the "wasp saga", did anyone invest with him ?

Am I wrong and he did great ?

What's the story ?

Gotta check I'm on a trading website and not comedy central. One bloke claims to have cracked it by trading inside bars, a 400 page thread devoted to trading hammers and 10 muppets who handed over a load of cheddar to a bloke they'd never met cos he said he was good. :LOL:

The icing on the cake is one of them claims to by sharp :LOL: Pull the other one it's got bells on

Gotta check I'm on a trading website and not comedy central. One bloke claims to have cracked it by trading inside bars, a 400 page thread devoted to trading hammers and 10 muppets who handed over a load of cheddar to a bloke they'd never met cos he said he was good. :LOL:

The icing on the cake is one of them claims to by sharp :LOL: Pull the other one it's got bells on

Most of us knew what Wasp was really about , but didn't really know what he was about.

Attachments

• wasp.jpg
    wasp.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 679

Of course! This was speculation pure and simple. He, probably, meant well when he started, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but when things start to unravel it's the devil take the hindmost.

And I missed the whole saga because I got bored with the T2W style.

My observation is that a number of people have asked me to trade their money. And I always said no. Why, because I worried about their ability to handle my drawdowns and the legalities. The one thing I didn't think about was the possibility that the extra pressure to perform might just break my performance.

So, I continue on my own, more glad of it now.

And I missed the whole saga because I got bored with the T2W style.

My observation is that a number of people have asked me to trade their money. And I always said no. Why, because I worried about their ability to handle my drawdowns and the legalities. The one thing I didn't think about was the possibility that the extra pressure to perform might just break my performance.

So, I continue on my own, more glad of it now.

This happens in all businesses. Family is worse! Far better to sink or swim on your own.
The idea that it is easier to get started with more capital doesn't take setbacks into consideration! You could put it down to the optimism of youth.

From your BBC link CV:

"It is not clear why so many people, thousands of otherwise rational men and women, gave large amounts of money to an ex-cabbie simply because he said he could give them five times as much back after two years."

Musta been cos they were sharp, those rational men and women.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wonder what the heck he was selling em on, what he was saying how he was making money ???

I bet most of them were women. Get a few pints into them and they soften up. That reminds me, there is someone on here who ..........:clap::clap::clap:

The question always uppermost in my mind is...what is this persons agenda?

Trust has to be earned...trust can only be earned if backed up by deed.
It seems that people on the whole are very trusting, when in fact they ought to be the complete opposite.

This is beginning to look as if i'm blaming the victims of such schemes, when in fact what i'm saying is that the perpetrators are the ones who should be pursued most vigorously.

The question always uppermost in my mind is...what is this persons agenda?

Trust has to be earned...trust can only be earned if backed up by deed.
It seems that people on the whole are very trusting, when in fact they ought to be the complete opposite.

This is beginning to look as if i'm blaming the victims of such schemes, when in fact what i'm saying is that the perpetrators are the ones who should be pursued most vigorously.

There is no protection for the greedy. I feel sorry for them but it was their fault. This trickster went too far and got caught, like Madoff. There are plenty of others out there
who are fishing for tiddlers and never get caught as long as they don't hook a shark. More often than not, instead of going to gaol , they get a good hiding.

Look at the posters on "boiler rooms". They shout and threaten but that is all they can do, most of the time.

Good points guys.

I do make a difference btw between our friends here who invested just a couple hundred pounds with wasp, I mean hey that's just a gamble or a laugh or whatever.

The guy who invested several tens of thousands with him allegedly - and I don't know who that is - fully deserves what he got tho, investing that kinda money without seeing a tax return or an independent audit is just plain moronic.