Automated Trading - Is there hope?

Robbert I've come to a conclusion. You are hmm...well let's just say you'bve been utterly useless. And fortunately for everyone here - all one needs to do is read back over some of your comments to realise that you actually have no idea what you're talking about or doing. It's a shame because i came to this thread hoping to get some serious answers to serious questions. Unfortunately i just get you...

To everyone else. I've been monitoring about twenty of these guys for about 20 days now...looking at their pnls and figuring out how their risk works and the system in general. Must say that as a quant zulutrades idea's of sizing and risk are very innacurate. However there seem to be some interesting bits to the site. I'll go on monitoring it but in the meantime if anyone has any qs about my personal experience fire away. I'd suggest avoiding robbert - just my experience. Do note that my sample period is very small (20 days) but i'll go on....however 20 days is enough to learn quite a lot from the data. It's less about the pnl over that period and more about how the system works/risk manages...in my view anyway.

You are not even with a live account dude, with what exactly can you actually contribute and how?? Hypothetical anlysis of trading strategeis? :LOL::LOL: Please!!!
I am sorry, but nothing compares to a live expereince of more than 15 m, and what exactly would you have wanted to hear from me? MAybe actually manage your account for ya, so you can get returns as well... :sneaky:

Go withdraw your money for "other reasons" robbert ;-) You are a douche

Hello there Spam 'member since Feb 2013' having posted all his 46 posts trying against anything that i am saying. Afterall the real-live account numbers do not lie...!!
Who's the douche now??? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Nice try Robbert....everyone here thinks you're just a clueless joker. Which you are.

yeah sure, whatever!!! you know what I would care less for a person that is hiding behind his own words, I doubt you even having a demo account. :sleep:

The recent posts in this thread seems to be talking about everything except the subject proper.

Is anybody out there having success with automated trading?

no sleeping and eating?

nowadays the action seems to take place in asia

when :sleep:

you use the corresponding platforms that automate your trading. Read the threads we have tons of discussions here :whistling

The recent posts in this thread seems to be talking about everything except the subject proper.

Is anybody out there having success with automated trading?

sorry but automated trading with the firepower most of us mere mortals have just aint gonna cut it........we havnt got the software, or the programmers or the Deep deep pockets to make it work :cool:

N

I have had my eye on being able to automatically trade for a long time. It is my "holy grail". I see it but reaching it is still not happening. I am entering trades manually and then getting out automated. The entries have been very hard for me to be able to code in an actually tradable way. I "see" the setups but there are so many slight variations. I am trying to keep track of the entries but basically for coding them all I think I will have to run a lookup system similar to an antivirus program. I program creatively and sometimes it works but the time I spend doesn't always completely pay off except to point me in another direction. But like I said, my exit strategies are in. I scalp the ES but I still let my good ones run a little sometimes. I just keep pressing on, can't give up now, in too deep.

I have had my eye on being able to automatically trade for a long time. It is my "holy grail". I see it but reaching it is still not happening. I am entering trades manually and then getting out automated. The entries have been very hard for me to be able to code in an actually tradable way. I "see" the setups but there are so many slight variations. I am trying to keep track of the entries but basically for coding them all I think I will have to run a lookup system similar to an antivirus program. I program creatively and sometimes it works but the time I spend doesn't always completely pay off except to point me in another direction. But like I said, my exit strategies are in. I scalp the ES but I still let my good ones run a little sometimes. I just keep pressing on, can't give up now, in too deep.

ive got one answer for ya - zulutrade - go either as a signal provider, or a follower, whatever suits you best :cheesy::cheesy:

An anonymous community of signal providers to plop down my money on??? I started trading to get away from so called "money managers". No thank you.

Automated trading would be the next logical step once a trader has developed a successful trading system. The major obstacle is having the programming skills, as I doubt one would be willing to share a profitable strategy.

There are many platforms out there but they all require the learning of a new skill - programming of some kind.

Developing your own platform is a costly and time consuming process, a complete new learning curve which can take up a lot of time.

For all those who aspire to this, all I can say is know your own system inside out first. Once you have understood it then you can evaluate the possibility of programming it. If it is viable only then does it make sense to start your search for platforms to allow this or program your own.

Contrary to what most people say, there are many individuals out there who can program a simple program to get you started. where you go from there is entirely up to you.

Hi Irkyle,
I guess hardest part is the strategy development time and be patient to test on market replay or live market to see if it works.
I will say there is a hope but really time consuming...
There is simply no easy approach to have a successful strategy, our team here did spent 5 years so far and have few strategies trading live.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BacktestData.com
NinjaTrader Historical Data & Market Replay Data Provider

Hello all,

I have been trading the Forex market for 4 years and I need automated trading strategies due to a change in my employment status (and I'm not a very profitable trader and need a change in direction.)

I am looking to find out if anyone has past/present experience or considering automated trading for the future.

Please, I am looking to visit and contribute to threads around this topic, does anyone know of any good threads here?

Thanks and looking forward to your replies.

Ian

There is simply no easy approach to have a successful strategy, our team here did spent 5 years so far and have few strategies trading live.

I agree that finding the strategy that suits you and fits into your lifestyle is very difficult. I have found only two myself. However, once you find one strategy that yields positive expectancy, you can make more than one trading system based on that strategy.

i think the hardest thing is self control management, always always allow some margin to losses as things cant go uphill all the time.

Its been almost three years of trading experience for me and i feel that the edge which we can get from the manual trading is the best than trying out for automated trading systems which fail in altered market conditions.

I have come around to auto trading recently. Must take a lot of care though with a real money account.

No, I donot provide signals on Zulu. I think the best way is I manage yoru accounts directly. You can also add my skype to learn more information. Skype: SourceCodeFX

Umm errrrr I don't think many traders will like that arrangement much. It calls for too much trust to give one's money to someone I don't know. Whereas there are protections on zulu trades in case things go wrong.