Automated Trading - Is there hope?

I have asked on the Zulutrade forum about the bizarre ROI values some weeks ago. They refused to reveal the ROI formula they are using, but admitted that there seems indeed something wrong and they are working on it. So far it has not been fixed.

However you can estimate the real ROI from the equity curves. ROI is roughly equivalent to the gross profit divided by the maximum drawdown of the curve, then divided by the number of years. You can see that the real ROIs of the 55 surviving accounts are mostly in the 10%..30% range, some are even negative.

The equity curves are more trustworthy than the displayed ROI figures. At least I hope so.

hehehe you kidding right?
im sorry you cant estimate Return on Investment - annualized ? :LOL: there is nothing hidden about this formula... return/invested capital * 100 = ROI %
which forum thread you are talking about, post the link for all of us to see:rolleyes:

You don't seem to understand if the 6th best performing follower is a looser, then the 1st best performing follower is close to if not also a looser. If none of the followers can make money, what would be the purpose of a website designed for people to follow ?

you seem to not understand.........you are looking at the followers that want to publish their accounts....vs the traders that you should be looking at
!!!!!!! duhhhhhh........mate, lets not discuss stuff you dont really know..its getting really boring replying to you serously !! increase your post quality, would be appreciated by all. :cool:

you seem to not understand.........you are looking at the followers that want to publish their accounts....vs the traders that you should be looking at
!!!!!!! duhhhhhh........mate, lets not discuss stuff you dont really know..its getting really boring replying to you serously !! increase your post quality, would be appreciated by all. :cool:

Robert, how are you finding Zulutrade. I've been running on demo for 20 days - none of them seem that good tbh. And the data you can pull out of them is pretty opaque. Apparently you're doing good? Who do you like? How are you finidng it?

You can see the answer in our friend robbert's equity curve that he posted here some pages ago. He already had his first account wipe-out last year, and is steadfast walking towards the next one.

20 days however is not enough to test a system or service.

Yes i know 20 days is nothing - but i thought that after a month i'd get some idea of consistency. Do you use it? How are you finding it.

You can see the answer in our friend robbert's equity curve that he posted here some pages ago. He already had his first account wipe-out last year, and is steadfast walking towards the next one.

20 days however is not enough to test a system or service.

NO I didnt not!!!!! Please avoid answering on my behalf!!! :sneaky:

FYI: I separated the gains and started with a small account again. Needed the cash for something else, otherwise would have reinvested in my trading.

Robert, how are you finding Zulutrade. I've been running on demo for 20 days - none of them seem that good tbh. And the data you can pull out of them is pretty opaque. Apparently you're doing good? Who do you like? How are you finidng it?

I find it pretty easy. easier and more profitable compared to the other paltfroms out there. (this is totally my personal experience)
But you need to get your story straight - leverage, lots allocation, traders to follow, zuluguard (always) and always check for better perfromance. Forex markets are volative, it is not stocks or binary options............you want returns, you need to be smart about it.

yeh tbh robbert you're just saying obvious stuff. Clearly if it was going so well you wouldn't have withdrawn the money. I've used zulu guard and all that stuff - still bad. What followers do you like?

Yes, I have an account with them since half a year, but had not yet the time to find a good signal provider on their website. It's not easy as all their top providers apparently use high-risk systems. Their ranking system does not a very good job.

seriously man, you should really stop bluffing .......... i doubt you put any money into zulutrade with this attitude of yours? who dont you post your live account, even empty and all :LOL::LOL: you've been avoiding this for a week no....obviously there is smth ........like spamming going on here :cool:

i'm monitoring about 20

thats waaaaaaaaaaaay to much!!!!!
not more than 10 good ones with 0.1 lots and up to 3 trades...
but on the other hand should i tell you more, why dontcha give your credentials and some fee so i can manage your account for ya... :LOL::LOL::LOL: (being totally ironic here)

thats waaaaaaaaaaaay to much!!!!!
not more than 10 good ones with 0.1 lots and up to 3 trades...
but on the other hand should i tell you more, why dontcha give your credentials and some fee so i can manage your account for ya... :LOL::LOL::LOL: (being totally ironic here)

Robbert.....joker. Can't be bothered to reply. So beyond talking rubbish on here.

GO give zulutrade some love then. Oh - you needed your oney for "other reasons"....nice one ;-) I believe you :)

what sort of arbitrary number is 10? Totally irrelevant.

Surely no one is stupid enough to believe the spammers here, that one can buy a signal service and reap untold riches:|
I suppose these are the idiots who bought racing tips in the recent past, or football draw forecasts:LOL:

Pause for thought ye greedy and stupid : Would you share a winning system in anything?:whistling

I am daily astonished at the number of greedy fools seeking easy riches. Like Lemmings they flock to the Guru of easy money. But all is not lost -I have the winner for next weeks daily ftse bet - a tenner and it's yours:cool:

Robbert.....joker. Can't be bothered to reply. So beyond talking rubbish on here.

GO give zulutrade some love then. Oh - you needed your oney for "other reasons"....nice one ;-) I believe you :)

what sort of arbitrary number is 10? Totally irrelevant.

and 20 isnt an arbitrary number? you made me lauch :LOL::LOL:

why dont you upload your live account so we can actually compare numbers!!

and what I do or dont do with my own money (7.5K of gains) is none of your business.

Surely no one is stupid enough to believe the spammers here, that one can buy a signal service and reap untold riches:|
I suppose these are the idiots who bought racing tips in the recent past, or football draw forecasts:LOL:

Pause for thought ye greedy and stupid : Would you share a winning system in anything?:whistling

I am daily astonished at the number of greedy fools seeking easy riches. Like Lemmings they flock to the Guru of easy money. But all is not lost -I have the winner for next weeks daily ftse bet - a tenner and it's yours:cool:

Completely 100% agree mate. Good one Robbert...joker

Of making misleading statements for promoting Zulutrade.

You said that your zulutrade account crash in 2012 was caused by withdrawing capital. I asked on the Zulutrade forum if this can be true. They said no.

No i didny say anything of that sort!
I said that my zulutrade account HAD a decline due to the FCC (a provider) NOT due to my withdrawal - what you saying doesnt make any sense.
Seeems like your spamming msgs are getting limited and limited.

And what is that?

you cant be serious, separating what I won from my innitital invesmtment - also called ROI - measured in % = gains or returns/ initial invesmtment.
Totally the oppostive of loosing !!!

Robbert I've come to a conclusion. You are hmm...well let's just say you'bve been utterly useless. And fortunately for everyone here - all one needs to do is read back over some of your comments to realise that you actually have no idea what you're talking about or doing. It's a shame because i came to this thread hoping to get some serious answers to serious questions. Unfortunately i just get you...

To everyone else. I've been monitoring about twenty of these guys for about 20 days now...looking at their pnls and figuring out how their risk works and the system in general. Must say that as a quant zulutrades idea's of sizing and risk are very innacurate. However there seem to be some interesting bits to the site. I'll go on monitoring it but in the meantime if anyone has any qs about my personal experience fire away. I'd suggest avoiding robbert - just my experience. Do note that my sample period is very small (20 days) but i'll go on....however 20 days is enough to learn quite a lot from the data. It's less about the pnl over that period and more about how the system works/risk manages...in my view anyway.