Ask Uncle Pat................

robster970

Veteren member
4,566 1,390
Dear Pat,

I am a 44 year old man and happily married but I am at my wits end. I have blown all my savings and nearly maxed out my credit card topping up my spread betting account. Up until now I have been able to keep this from my wife by shredding the monthly statement. Shorty she will want the credit card to do Christmas shopping and I know she will hit the credit limit quickly as there isn't much headroom on the card. I know I have f*cked up badly here. Should I come clean with the wife and beg forgiveness or should I consider using a Martingale to get me out of trouble?

Yours
A lifelong One Direction Fan

Pat Riley

Established member
794 178
Dear Pat,

I am a 44 year old man and happily married but I am at my wits end. I have blown all my savings and nearly maxed out my credit card topping up my spread betting account. Up until now I have been able to keep this from my wife by shredding the monthly statement. Shorty she will want the credit card to do Christmas shopping and I know she will hit the credit limit quickly as there isn't much headroom on the card. I know I have f*cked up badly here. Should I come clean with the wife and beg forgiveness or should I consider using a Martingale to get me out of trouble?

Yours
A lifelong One Direction Fan
As a lifelong one direction fan you'll appreciate the enhanced facility of an oscillating model. You can tell the difference because one has a small knob.

Back to your pressing problem.

Begging forgiveness is a very Catholic thing to do and works well with priests in confessionals. Wifes however tend not to be able to play the game at this level and demand more than 5 Hail Marys and one Our Father. Even if she says she's forgiven you, you're screwed, for life. Far better to consider the martingale.

When you've lost everything this will straighten your mind and allow you to glimpse the Ultimate Truth - there are always more than just 2 options - think, alternate paths.

Explain to your wife in matter-of-fact tone that you've blown all your money. Explain you did so believing you could make a profit in the most difficult game on earth and failed. Tell her you don't care. Tell her that if she cares, that means she doesn't love you and your life together has been an empty sham devoid of an real emotional bond. Then tell her if she really feels that way then she deserves to feel the way she does right now and her friends will shun her. Let her know that you are willing to consider sticking around, but only if she shows genuine compassion and love and is willing to accept her responsibility in allowing this to come about. Tell her you don't blame her and you love her so much, even though she neglected to prevent you doing this, you're willing to allow her to redeem herself through various acts of penitence.

One of two things will happen.

I'm not going to spoil the surprise by telling you what they are, but I do want you to come back here and tell us all how it all went for you.

Uncle Pat

Reactions: robster970

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock