What am I looking at - confused.

HealeyTrade

Hello All,

I hav been using TradeZero Demo and Finviz Elite (paid Subscription).

I have read a few books, but have taken Andrew Aziz's book @how to Day Trade for a Living'. I have tried to implement aspects of it with difficulty as there are voids of knowledge, uncertainty and not knowing if what I am doing is right.

I am interested (when I feel confident) in day trading US stocks with a Momentum and Gappers strategy. I do not want a Porsche, big house or a busty woman sitting on the bonnet of my Porsche (I am happily married). I have looked at my scanner and taken the biggest gappers. So for today I noted in my note book the following:

SGRP (SPAR Group Inc) Price 1.66$
Vol 786,686
Shares OUtstanding 21.11M
Shares Float 7.98M
Relative Vol.: 37.45
Average Vol.: 420.11K
Catalyst: Positive - Good News

RKDA (Arcadia Biosciences Inc) Price 3.43$
Vol 15,616,848
Shares Outstanding 10.72M
Shares Float 10.23M
Relative Vol.: 170.04
Average Vol. : 1.84M
Cataylst: Positive - Good News

These shares when I got them (100 shares for each) they started to drop. I got them because the Shares OUtstanding for RKDA was close, thinking that the competion for the shares in the market would be competative (circa 500,000 shares between Shares OUtstanding and Shares Float). I also understand that the Average volume was 1.84 with a good catylst.

I have lost confidence in really and authentically understanding what I have noted (I feel stupid for not really knowing what I am looking at - but realising that after I have brought the stocks).

I am not sure if my timing is wrong, or that I buy too high, or was the market just 'not good' today. Or is it something else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

H

... I got them because the Shares OUtstanding for RKDA was close, thinking that the competion for the shares in the market would be competative (circa 500,000 shares between Shares OUtstanding and Shares Float).

You've understood this the wrong way round mate, a higher float means more liquidity