Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
depend on what timeframe youre looking, in my opinion correlation doesnt mean anything in small timeframe thou..

hmmm... not a single reply!!!

I am told that the correlation did not work today, cos a big correction on the EUR
and also the profit taking on the EURGBP

After the crazy moves, the correlation was back!

will appreciate any other input

focus LESS on the reason and more on the charts!
i pre4sume you are referring to either 1 or 5 min charts, and the charts said it was long chf and long GBP

How can you explain a plunge of near 400 pip crash yesterday on GBP only for it to recover the losses!!!
Markets are crazy

Hello All, I wanna start stock trading. Where should I start from. I'm a novice.

I'm eying the LSE. Can somebody guide me as I'm a complete kid in this zone.

Looking for a good & affordable broker in the UK.

Thanx

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows where you can find information on who has the biggest market share in the EUREX markets. i.e. who the leading market maker is? Do people publish this data

Thanks

Any Answer? Is this the right thread?

Any Answer? Is this the right thread?

Hi

I have been position trading country ETFs (eg QQQQ, EWZ) for a few years (with mixed results I might add!) but I notice on T2W that there seems to be much more discussion about FOREX than stocks. Is this a FOREX biassed site? Alex Eder mentions that forex can be difficult to follow from a single time zone because it is traded 24hrs a day. Any comments on that?
Could someone point me to a thread which discusses the pros and cons of forex, options, stocks and futures (if there is one)?

Many thanks

Parabolic SAR.

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

Hi, I am a newbie on this site and in the world of Forex Trade even though I have been demo trading for a while now and recently graduated to Micro Trading.

I have a nagging question that I hope I can get an answer to in this forum.

What are the best settings for the Parabolic SAR? They do not always seem to be correctly adjoined to price movement.

Thanks in advance.
Uneeking:D

Money Management

Hi I'm Rob. I am demo trading on Oanda right now. I have adjusted my fake capital to reflect what I am going to be live trading with in a few months, about 1500 USD. I am trading what is essentially the 3 ducks system which i have been succesful with and I am, more importantly, confident and comfortable using. :)

Anyway, here's my question. If someone says you should only risk 1-3% of capital, what exactly do they mean? Does that mean if the trade runs against me I should only allow myself to lose a certain dollar amount (i.e. 15$ if I am trading with 1500$) before I close the trade? That being said and if I am understanding the concept correctly, how do i choose how large my positions should be to make this concept work for me?

Thanks, I expect immediate, articulate, and profitable feedback! Just kidding, I fully expect to be ignored.

~ramrob

Which instrument do you want to trade?
stocks? indices? forex?

Go with one that fits your trading capital and risk appetite.
and then stick to it as you will get no where chopping and changing.
hope this helps!

Hello Joeking and thanks a lot for your repply.
I am interested in trading Futures Indices ( E-MINI SP and DAX). I am very conservative so I love low risk trades and I will be risking 0.5% of my capital per trade.

thanks again

Private Tutors to Learn Forex Trading

Hello,

Firstly - I am a total "Newb" when it comes to the Forex world but it is something that I would like to understand and hopefully dedicate some time towards.

I struggle to learn from books, classes and Internet DVD's so was wondering if anyone knew of any private tutors in the Manchester, UK area?

Also, any kind of tips, ideas on what to ask / look out for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

money management

Hi I'm Rob. I am demo trading on Oanda right now. I have adjusted my fake capital to reflect what I am going to be live trading with in a few months, about 1500 USD. I am trading what is essentially the 3 ducks system which i have been succesful with and I am, more importantly, confident and comfortable using. :)

Anyway, here's my question. If someone says you should only risk 1-3% of capital, what exactly do they mean? Does that mean if the trade runs against me I should only allow myself to lose a certain dollar amount (i.e. 15$ if I am trading with 1500$) before I close the trade? That being said and if I am understanding the concept correctly, how do i choose how large my positions should be to make this concept work for me?

Thanks, I expect immediate, articulate, and profitable feedback! Just kidding, I fully expect to be ignored.

~ramrob

hi everybody :) i'm newbie Tomas my interests invesments :idea: stocks and forex
trying to learn loads about it, nearly 2 years in it, started from fxmc demo it made me thinking about how to find that right train and jump in, so still do know about forex trading :confused: risky thing.
stocks my mind abit easyer :eek:
i think i know answer :cheesy: for Ramrobs question, when i was in trading secret seminar they was talking about stocks, risk 1-3% of capital, don't know this apply for forex trading :rolleyes: or not, but i think idea to lose just 1-3% of capital is to watch charts long day and look for small steady bouncing pips, so you could put into rails it, like cannon :cheesy: so bouncing ball from it goes either up or down you have a stop and loose just 1%, if it goes up your new limit to stop and protect you to not loose any money, :smart: anyway something similar.
i'm foreigner so sorry about misstakes:!:
wish you best trades in 2009 :arrowu:

How to learn Options Strategies

I have been doing short-term (swing) trading for some years, with rational strategies that sometimes work and sometimes don't. In today's market, my impression is that the safest bets are very short-term ones and might involve options trading strategies.
I am aware of companies offering quite high-priced ($3-4K) workshops to teach a few proprietrary or other options strategies they favor, along with mentoring over the short term. Even though some of these educational programs guarantee that you will pay off the enrollment and then some within a designated period of time, I am reluctant.
I am thinking that what would work best for me would be sitting at the hip (actual or virtual) of someone who does this type of trading for a short interval--watching, learning. The concepts I can read. Of course I am willing to pay. Any suggestions on how I can find this type of service would be greatly appreciated. I live in the Washington D.C. area.
Many thanks!

Spread betting

hi
i am trading on simulator.capitalspreads.com at present trade (dow,ftse,dax ) placing trades on bellow or above support & ressistant levels on the day before, ftse , dax looking for gain 10 points :clap: and placing stop loss of 30 points:devilish: & dow 25 gain :clap:& 50 points stop loss :mad:any comments , sugestions please feel free:idea:

thanks

This new sticky thread is targeted to all new members and existing members who are making their first posts.

In this thread, feel free to ask ANY question relating to trading, however simple you think it is. Our forum advisors and more senior members will be happy to answer them for you! :smart:

:!: If you think your question requires more than a quick reply, it's best to create a new thread in the appropriate forum, so that a discussion about it can develop.

FTSE 100 Data for a back test

I have a simple FTSE 100 strategy that I have been watching for the last few months with pretty good results.

I would like to be able to back test it through 2008 and maybe 2007.

I think it would need to be a manual back test as it doesn't use any of the normal indicators.

Is it possible to get hold of the FTSE 100 data? ideally this would be a 5 min candlestick chart.

Thanks

ftse

hi there my first post i have been trading forex for a while,but recently started day trading the footsie with relative success ,anybody have any advice or comments thanks

Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm learning to navigate this site. By the way, any pro or con on Velez Capital Management about their 7 day $9K trading seminar?

Training Seminars (Velez etc)

I once took an introductory seminar on day trading by Oliver Velez et al, in NY, and recently I have takne note of the confident assurances of profit or no-lost-money as a result of their training in TV ads. My impression is that these courses are useful, if hard to commit to with such high out-of-pocket tuition.
For myself, a course on options, with a large mentoring component, would be of great value, but I am not sure where to place my trust. Recently, I took an introductory seminar by the group BetterTrades. The objective of the free 2-hour seminar was to sell a 2-day training program/course costing just under $4,000. (The cost could alternatively be financed at $1,000 down and about $125/mo.) They guarantee that if you don't make back the cost of the course within 6 months, they will refund the money. (They speak about a $12,000 profit in 6 months-- 3 times the course investment--given fairly large options orders. Seems like a good deal. The only thing that held me back was that the introductory [free] seminar was a bit preachy, and in fact the speaker, and the lead guy among a group of staff were both ministers [!]

the speaker, and the lead guy among a group of staff were both ministers [!]
[/QUOTE]
Political ministers or ministers of the cloth?

hi
i am trading on simulator.capitalspreads.com at present trade (dow,ftse,dax ) placing trades on bellow or above support & ressistant levels on the day before, ftse , dax looking for gain 10 points :clap: and placing stop loss of 30 points:devilish: & dow 25 gain :clap:& 50 points stop loss :mad:any comments , sugestions please feel free:idea:

thanks

oh god, your asking for trouble! your risk reward ratio is dooming you to failure! every trade your risking twice what your going to win, so if you had 2 winning trades, 1 loss would wipe it out. you want a ratio of 1:1 min..25 stop, 25 limit

Status
Not open for further replies.