Ask ANY trading related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats your guys view on the eur/usd, especially given the rally in the euro this week. A pullback in jan?

can start trading fx on demo account. go to fxstreet.com and choose any broker you like, sign up on their demo account and try to make money from it. (this is already trading)

majority broker is using usd dollar, some do offer in gbp,eur or chf.

Thanx for that mate. But i want2kno, when i do start trading live, am i going2 hav2 open a special type of bank account? And hw do i put capital in? Does my pounds get converted to dollers? And if i make a profit is it in pounds? And does it get transferred directly to my bank acc? I kno im asking quite a lot but i really am new to all this and im still very confused! If it isnt too much of a bother, could you please explain the whole process from scratch especially about all the issues relating the banks. Btw i live in london so i deal with pounds... All this doller business is very confusing. Thanx in advance!

arbitrage question

Hi,

I have a question for any of you who want/know to respond.

I'm interested in working arbitrages of all kind :D can anyone give me a link or something where i can read more about things like:

-WTI-BRN (spread arb)
-WTI-CL (spread arb) - ar any other like that
-Future-Spot (6e-eurusd) 6b-gbpusd - or any other
-CAC-CACFUT, DAX-DAXFUT - or others like that
-Inter - Broker arb (I buy for example gbpusd from one broker and sell gbpusd to other) - when spread over (spread1+spread2)
-Swap arbs
-Use dukascopy or other ECN fast broker to get data faster - trade some crap slow broker until it catches the move :)
-Other types of arbs not mentioned - doable...

I would also need some cheap but reliable brokers that allow me to play with those contracts. (MT4? NinjaTrader?..something cheap)

Thanks,
Victor

Last edited:
I'm considering dow futures, a simple question - are there times when it is difficult to sell, or is it always easy? I have a worry of not being able to sell a position at a specific time, and losing a lot.
Thanks for answer,
ben

Thanx for that mate. But i want2kno, when i do start trading live, am i going2 hav2 open a special type of bank account? And hw do i put capital in? Does my pounds get converted to dollers? And if i make a profit is it in pounds? And does it get transferred directly to my bank acc? I kno im asking quite a lot but i really am new to all this and im still very confused! If it isnt too much of a bother, could you please explain the whole process from scratch especially about all the issues relating the banks. Btw i live in london so i deal with pounds... All this doller business is very confusing. Thanx in advance!

when you open live account, you sent the money to the broker bank account. they will put the money on your platform.

deposit can be done via credit card, bank direct deposit, cheque, or some other way depending on each broker. if dont want to bother with US dollar, some broker has option for you deposit in UK pound.

when you decided to open live account, broker's website has ALL THE INFO you need how to open the account. its simple as doing some shopping/payment online.

I'm considering dow futures, a simple question - are there times when it is difficult to sell, or is it always easy? I have a worry of not being able to sell a position at a specific time, and losing a lot.
Thanks for answer,
ben

depends what kinda size your trading, few contracts you will be fine. only time liquidity really falls is after hours trading. there is much more volume on the s&p500 than the dow tho

when you open live account, you sent the money to the broker bank account. they will put the money on your platform.

deposit can be done via credit card, bank direct deposit, cheque, or some other way depending on each broker. if dont want to bother with US dollar, some broker has option for you deposit in UK pound.

when you decided to open live account, broker's website has ALL THE INFO you need how to open the account. its simple as doing some shopping/payment online.

Thanx alot mate! I really appriciate all the help you hav given me. Just for the record, is there any specific broker that you would like to recommend? Thanx.

Trading mentors

Hello every one, I am Nicoletto from Italy and I am thinking to take a private trading consultation with one of the following traders;

- Joe Ross ( Trading educators)
- Larry Levin ( Secrets of traders)
- Larry Pesavento ( Trading tutor)

About Larry Levin what I found is that it seems that he is the only one with a public trading record so anyone can see his trading statements.

Please let me know if someone has had expirience with anyone of those traders and feel free to suggest me good trading educators. I am basically trading futures

thanks a lot

Hello I am new here and I have the following question. I want to have a private seminar with a very good futures trader and I do not know which one of the following I should choose:
- Larry Pesavento
If you think there are better options please let me know. I want to basically learn from someone who truly trades for a living.

thanks a lot

Technical Trading

Does any 1 know when technical trading on intra day charts such as the DOW will return?? Will it be any time soon! I am not able to trade and make any points the way i used to consistently just a few months ago!

Hi , I am a new member in your community.Need your help...to how do i calculate or analysis INDEX trend.

Thanking everybody
Tamas

Does any 1 know when technical trading on intra day charts such as the DOW will return?? Will it be any time soon! I am not able to trade and make any points the way i used to consistently just a few months ago!

Have you tried looking at the DOW charts on a smaller time-frame such as 1 or 2 minutes?

Hello I am new here and I have the following question. I want to have a private seminar with a very good futures trader and I do not know which one of the following I should choose:
- Larry Pesavento
If you think there are better options please let me know. I want to basically learn from someone who truly trades for a living.

thanks a lot

Which instrument do you want to trade?
stocks? indices? forex?

Go with one that fits your trading capital and risk appetite.
and then stick to it as you will get no where chopping and changing.
hope this helps!

Thanks for answer,
ben

I take it your referring to E-mini dow futures.
Selling should not be a problem as long as you are trading when the market is open.
Trading outside these time i.e. out of hours is risky as the market will be flat/low volume.

you may want to consider S & P e-mini futures as these also have excellent liquidity.
hope this helps.

Hi

I have been position trading country ETFs (eg QQQQ, EWZ) for a few years (with mixed results I might add!) but I notice on T2W that there seems to be much more discussion about FOREX than stocks. Is this a FOREX biassed site? Alex Eder mentions that forex can be difficult to follow from a single time zone because it is traded 24hrs a day. Any comments on that?
Could someone point me to a thread which discusses the pros and cons of forex, options, stocks and futures (if there is one)?

Many thanks

Hey Aryanamit. That's a pretty general question, but thanks for posting. Oil up, silver up.

I'm not sure what you're looking for actually. Do you currently trade? What broker are you using?

Baffled by the todays price movement! anyone can help with thh reasons?
Eurjpy and GBPJPY have moved TOTALLY in opposite direction!
and GBP and CHF have both gone up, normally a strong correllation

will appreciate some guidance

Baffled by the todays price movement! anyone can help with thh reasons?
Eurjpy and GBPJPY have moved TOTALLY in opposite direction!
and GBP and CHF have both gone up, normally a strong correllation

will appreciate some guidance

hmmm... not a single reply!!!

I am told that the correlation did not work today, cos a big correction on the EUR
and also the profit taking on the EURGBP

After the crazy moves, the correlation was back!

will appreciate any other input

Status
Not open for further replies.