Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

increase of number of deaths by 563 since yesterday. (2352 total)
Tried to find yesterdays news, I thought it was 270-ish deaths in a day.
Trying to find a graph for rate of increases.
We are not flattening the curve yet.

We might be pushing on it ;)

Should be able to find all figures required here, including today/ yesterday button.

Should be able to find all figures required here, including today/ yesterday button.

Thanks for that, CV.

Hi DK,
Indeed, I have many doubts about the pandemic in general, some of which - perhaps many - are the same as yours. But I have no doubt whatsoever that Coronavirus is real and that it's most definitely not a hoax. I would suggest that given the entire world is harping on about it 24/7, it would be prudent to assume that it's not a hoax unless and until you can prove that it is. The benefit of doubt (not that there is any as far as I'm concerned) must surely go with the numerous health professionals the length and breadth of the globe who say we've got ourselves a wee problem. I say this notwithstanding the video I posted this morning which doesn't paint the WHO in very favourable light. Anyway, I'm glad you've decided to withdraw your use of the word hoax - very wise!
;)
Tim.

Yes Timsk , but I still can't stop thinking it. :)

This is going to be the one to watch in Europe (I dare say Africa will be magnitudes worse). A Swedish social experiment about to go wrong? Or will it prove that Covid19 is not as bad as it appears? Poor Sweden has had a rough few years at the hands of the lefties already.

This is going to be the one to watch in Europe (I dare say Africa will be magnitudes worse). A Swedish social experiment about to go wrong? Or will it prove that Covid19 is not as bad as it appears? Poor Sweden has had a rough few years at the hands of the lefties already.

Sweden’s refusal to enter coronavirus lockdown leaving schools and pubs open ‘will lead to catastrophe’

Yeah we'll see.
Mind you if the experiment doesn't work a large portion of the worlds lefties will be the victims so ...

BANKS were tonight warned it is their turn to repay the favour and bail out small businesses - more than a decade after they were saved during the financial crisis.

Meanwhile in other news....

Halifax withdraws majority of mortgages
In a message sent to mortgage brokers this morning, Halifax said it would no longer offer any mortgages with a “loan-to-value” (LTV) of more than 60%. In other words, only buyers able to put down a 40% deposit will qualify for a loan.

Banks will lend you an umbrella when the sun is shining then take it back when it rains.

BANKS were tonight warned it is their turn to repay the favour and bail out small businesses - more than a decade after they were saved during the financial crisis.

Meanwhile in other news....

Halifax withdraws majority of mortgages
In a message sent to mortgage brokers this morning, Halifax said it would no longer offer any mortgages with a “loan-to-value” (LTV) of more than 60%. In other words, only buyers able to put down a 40% deposit will qualify for a loan.

Banks will lend you an umbrella when the sun is shining then take it back when it rains.
Quite agree. A plague on all their houses.

First hand confirmation that the situation inside ICU and newly established Covid facilities is horrendous.
Can also confirm that the experimental treatments are also being trialed here too as a last resort. (desperation)

Plenty in progress ....the pharma industry will deliver everyone ....just prey that the global reg authorities do cut the red tape as promised

I heard on the radio that Hungary is now a dictatorship. They have a leader for life who rules absolutely. All due to the virus !

I heard on the radio that Hungary is now a dictatorship. They have a leader for life who rules absolutely. All due to the virus !
Doesn't there come a point when the 'cure is worse than the disease' !
These viruses are appearing on a more frequent basis (hence covid NINETEEN) , this is down to overpopulation and mass travel around the world. It's natures 'cure' for the human virus which is growing exponentially on Earth. This will happen again, and again, so will the governments keep crashing the economies and blighting the whole world making everyone suffer (I'm thinking people from China, India, third world countries) thats not a great future to contemplate, unless of course you're the Government and can impose sweeping powers on all citizens.
Imagine a World Government with the sweeping powers of China or Russia or North Korea or Hungary, Cuba, Sudan, Algeria, Kazakhstan, Congo, Vietnam, Cameroon, Iraq, Venezuela ... there are 50 in the world sorry 51 it appears the numbers are growing not shrinking!

& now things start getting interesting ....

UK.

The Financial Conduct Authority, which supervises banks and credit providers across the country, asking banks to freeze repayments on loans and credit cards for up to three months for those facing difficulties. The FCA is asking banks to respond to the proposed measures by Monday 6 April, and it wants them to come into force by Thursday 9 April.

So that's errrm 0% ? .. with 0 to pay back ?.

Oh yeah!

Gimme gimmme gimme !!!!!

:p

& more ...

The deputy governor of the Bank of England, Sam Woods, wrote to some banking bosses asking them to suspend dividend payments. He asked them to confirm their decision by Tuesday evening.

In a statement, the Prudential Regulation Authority, which is part of the Bank of England, said: "Although the decisions taken today will result in shareholders not receiving dividends, they are a sensible precautionary step given the unique role that banks need to play in supporting the wider economy through a period of economic disruption."

Between them, Lloyds, Royal Bank of Scotland, Barclays, HSBC and Standard Chartered were expected to pay a total of around £15.6bn to shareholders.

But they will now retain those funds and not pay out any money to shareholders until at least the end of the year, which the Bank of England said "should help the banks support the economy through 2020"

Time to ditch those bank shares ........

o_O