Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

My forecast is supplies of anti bacterial hand cleaner, rice, bread, meat, veg will be back to normal within 5 days. Then the stupid ones will be sitting at home with their kids and no room to move because the house is full of 24 pack toilet rolls.

Presumably, the BBC would like to be in charge of the censorship! Putting the BBC in its place will be the next great victory after Brexit.

The arm of the BBC that is run by the intelligence services that is ;)

Jeez, don’t you guys have a good word to say about anything? Tell you what, let’s each find a “good news“ story to post. I’ll start off with two:

Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville are closing their two Manchester hotels and offering the rooms to NHS workers. They have also said they will make no staff redundant Or put anyone on unpaid leave.

Errm, I think they've little choice, either go bust or get paid by the govt tax payer for hosting people that are useful to the cause.

My neighbours have created a help group and are busy shopping etc for us stay at homes.
:D

Now that is a ray of sunlight, talking of which it's going to be sunny all weekend with no rain.

😎☀🌞

Errm, I think they've little choice, either go bust or get paid by the govt tax payer for hosting people that are useful to the cause.

:D

Now that is a ray of sunlight, talking of which it's going to be sunny all weekend with no rain.

😎☀🌞

Oh yea of little faith. The rooms have been offered free of charge:).

Coronavirus and speculation: U.S. senators: Richard Burr and Kelly Lowffler in the storm, they made millions of dollars for suspected insider trading:

Perhaps they had spies in the Wuhan dog meat market >

I like your optimism :LOL:
Not optimism but realism and I have absolutely no problem with planning for the worst and hoping for the best - that way there are only pleasant surprises. However, take a look across the channel to see where it's all headed, doesn't look good to me, therefore a healthy dose of pessimism and skepticism is not unusual. 🔥🚒👩‍🚒🧯 Of course they're well ahead along the curve and the Italians are particularly hard hit because their splendid Mediterranean diet and generally beneficial climate means that their old fuckers are even more elderly than over here....with commensurate death toll and strain on their creaking health service.
Meanwhile, in France, the bloody-mindedness quotient in their culture means that they need a far greater level of repression and chastisement to get them to what most 10 year olds this side of the Channel would work out to be the sensible thing. A fair few of my family still live there and we compare toilet-paper stories on a daily basis; whilst the fun shows no sign of stopping for the moment, the French, in their own hap-hazard recalcitrant way, will end up doing what needs to be done.... but with a bit more drama and gesticulation.

Meanwhile, in France, the bloody-mindedness quotient in their culture means that they need a far greater level of repression and chastisement to get them to what most 10 year olds this side of the Channel would work out to be the sensible thing. A fair few of my family still live there and we compare toilet-paper stories on a daily basis; whilst the fun shows no sign of stopping for the moment, the French, in their own hap-hazard recalcitrant way, will end up doing what needs to be done.... but with a bit more drama and gesticulation.

Pubs are still full in UK (according to DM :rolleyes:), team Boris is going to clampdown soon, I think some people think they are being brave by trying to carry on, what are people thinking? It may be OK to think that you don't care if you die, but slowing the spread is the message, to save those that don't want to go before their time, but mostly to try and reduce the overwhelming of the NHS and emergency services, that is about to befall.

It's like herding cats. They only way is to cage them.

Last edited:
Pubs are still full in UK (according to DM :rolleyes:), team Boris is going to clampdown soon, I think some people think they are being brave by trying to carry on, what are people thinking? It may be OK to think that you don't care if you die, but slowing the spread is the message, to save those that don't want to go before their time, but mostly to try and reduce the overwhelming of the NHS and emergency services, that is about to befall.

It's like herding cats. They only way is to cage them.

I suspect the young, fit and healthy are thinking that as they are not personally at risk and they don't have contact with anyone in at risk group and we've all got to be exposed to coronavirus anyway at some stage in order to develop immunity and it probably won't be more serious than seasonal flu, what's the point of staying at home?

This is not a stupid conclusion for an individual but the problem is when it becomes collective - there is no slack in health services to cater for even a moderate increase in serious illnesses of any type.

I met a puppy on the way home today.
It hadn't been warned about social distancing, to wear a mask, or glove it's paws with booties.
Was only interested in wagging it's tail furiously, licking, sniffing and pawing for all it was worth and generally being made as much fuss of as possible with mximum petting and tummy rubbing and stroking.
Didn't care in the least it was exposing itself to cross-species infection of lethal virus from a complete stranger.
Some things at least have not changed yet.

😷

Meanwhile..

The US markets have fallen another 4 - 4.5% on news of closure of the land borders to both Canada and Mexico.

However, goods will continue to be allowed to pass across the borders.

😷

Seems a bit far-fetched, but no more absurd than what's going on now...so why not? :p

The reasons why markets were at such dizzy heights is simply because of the previous banking crises where billions were dished out and QE is with us to this day in many of the G8 countries.

Pretty much all countries are just announcing further 100s of billions of money.

All this cash will have to be spent or stored in some place or other.

Given banks and gilts offering 2% or less, the natural home for cash becomes the stock market with companies paying 3-5% dividends or higher.

House price inflation has gone high enough and there isn't really anything else to store value.

I do see a V type correction and stock market making new highs once all those billions get injected into the global economy.

Just my tuppence. (y)

chynah.jpg

The reasons why markets were at such dizzy heights is simply because of the previous banking crises where billions were dished out and QE is with us to this day in many of the G8 countries.

Pretty much all countries are just announcing further 100s of billions of money.

All this cash will have to be spent or stored in some place or other.

Given banks and gilts offering 2% or less, the natural home for cash becomes the stock market with companies paying 3-5% dividends or higher.

House price inflation has gone high enough and there isn't really anything else to store value.

I do see a V type correction and stock market making new highs once all those billions get injected into the global economy.

Just my tuppence. (y)

Dividends are being suspended, there is no safe haven at the moment, no production by workers = no wages = low consumption = nothing for investors, it could enter a spiral, question on my mind is where is uncle point, US markets are down around 30+% so have plenty of room below yet. At what point do the large investors bail?

Just looking at the rising stocks yesterday, there are lots of entertainment companies, not the one's you'd expect though, they are the hotels and cruise ships! So a large rotation into these stocks is telling me that US gov is about to aqcuisition for the crisis, insider trading?

In every crisis the Yanks rush out and buy quantities of guns. Only criminals still have hand guns in this country thanks to
B-liar.
The virus must be quaking with fear ?

@Signalcalc you'll like this.

Here's an article in the Telegraph from October 2019 where a 'war game' simulation of a choronovirus pandemic was played out. Thank Bill Gates. EVENT 201 will be trending on twitter soon.

Death rates of 3-5%.
... the discussion continued, with Mr Inglesby directing the thematic debates: how to allocate and distribute antivirals? Should limits be placed on trade and travel, to stop the spread of the virus? How best to mitigate the economic and financial crisis caused by the pandemic?

As with all Risk Assessment, we have the option of doing NOTHING.

Accept the risk and move on.

Hardly the end of the World.

See it as an opportunity for market product displacement and creation of new ideas and modes of operation.

Last edited: