Asian Coronavirus Outbreak

Whilst I share the skepticism wholeheartedly, I am rather more inclined to believe these two guys at this point in the process than anything anyone else is saying, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, for now.

I thought they were really good and on the ball too. I'm no expert but didn't hear anything they said that made me question their replies.

Put it in context very well. (y)

Had a flash wave.

This is turning out to be a mega social experiment.

Education
Work
Football
Flights & Travel & Holidays
Public Transport
Social gatherings of all sorts

Big shutdown and isolation of peeps is going to generate lots of wonderful and new ways to exist and co-exist.

Amazing stuff.

Just wondering what the positives are for you?

Universal Income is one great idea.

. . . being the good citizen that I am, I am shopping for my elderly neighbours two doors down. my place in heaven is assured, as they are god-botherers, so they should put in a good word for me. . .

Hi trendie,
I'm in my 60th year and I have an aunt in her mid 90s: half my family think she'll outlive me! With this in mind and without wishing to put a downer on your day, doesn't the highlighted part of your post rather assume your neighbours shuffle off the mortal coil before you do? Tempting fate my friend, tempting fate!
:ROFLMAO:

Just back from T*sco s.
No bread
No milk
No household supplies
No spuds

lots of empty shelves
I look into my crystal ball and see armed gangs out scavenging supplies if it gets worse.
I was the only one there wearing a mask and got some funny looks !

Last edited:
I was the only one there wearing a mask and got some funny looks !

Good example of people not following the advice to slow the spread, I hope that UKGov has taken all this into account in the calculations, including the infected people that will be fleeing London this weekend for the countryside as they did just before Paris went into lockdown, they were packed on the trains like sardines breathing and farting their germs over each other.

Having had a mild dose of the virus I'm looking forward to the end of the 7 day quarantine. NHS advice is once you've had it and temperature normal you're fine to mix with people outside the household again. Fingers crossed that remains true - I'm looking forward to going out for a sweet and sour - I'd kind of like to start spending in the local small businesses again asap, they're going to need a lot of consumer support to recover from this.

Last edited:
UK interest rates slashed again in emergency move.

The Bank of England has cut interest rates again in an emergency move as it tries to support the UK economy in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.

It is the second cut in interest rates in just over a week, bringing them down to 0.1% from 0.25%.

The fresh rate cut takes interest rates to just about the lowest they can feasibly go and the lowest they have ever been.

When they say 'slashed' they really mean modest cut as the existing rate was already near as dammit bugger all.

😷

. . . they were packed on the trains like sardines breathing and farting their germs over each other.
Okay, I admit it: I've woefully underestimated the scale of the problem. If the virus is spread via bottom burps - we're all totally fukced!

Firm decisive leadership is what we'll need in this crisis

Q-Boris- are there going to be travel restrictions?

A-"There are no plans to close down the transport network in London and there is zero prospect of any restrictions being placed on travelling in and out of London."

B- Zero prospect, meaning it won't happen in any circumstances?

A- The PM said he would "not hesitate to bring forward further and faster measures where necessary"

Q- So when you said 'no plans', ' zero prospect', if the situation changes you are totally unprepared, right Boris?
If it changes you have; no plans' in place to deal with the changes?

Got that?

The usual answer yesno.
Vassal state/sign T.May's deal/get Brexit done
I can't be prime minister/I'm the only choice for prime minister
Zero prospect/every prospect

Amazing what a giant thatcher now appears in terms of leadership compared to every Tory pm who followed her.

Informed today that we may need to get hands on involved in overseeing liquid oxygen deliveries to existing hospitals and any new facilities.

Firm decisive leadership is what we'll need in this crisis

Q-Boris- are there going to be travel restrictions?

A-"There are no plans to close down the transport network in London and there is zero prospect of any restrictions being placed on travelling in and out of London."

B- Zero prospect, meaning it won't happen in any circumstances?

A- The PM said he would "not hesitate to bring forward further and faster measures where necessary"

Q- So when you said 'no plans', ' zero prospect', if the situation changes you are totally unprepared, right Boris?
If it changes you have; no plans' in place to deal with the changes?

Got that?

The usual answer yesno.
Vassal state/sign T.May's deal/get Brexit done
I can't be prime minister/I'm the only choice for prime minister
Zero prospect/every prospect

Amazing what a giant thatcher now appears in terms of leadership compared to every Tory pm who followed her.

When he said there are "no plans", did you think he meant that there are no plans for how to do it, or that he meant he is not planning to do it, or both? Or that he was lying about both?

When he said there are "no plans", did you think he meant that there are no plans for how to do it, or that he meant he is not planning to do it, or both? Or that he was lying about both?
:ROFLMAO:
Boris, Lie ?
How could you even think to suggest such a thing !
It's not as if he's ever told the truth about anything.

😷