ART - not just pretty pics

. . . I do think that your "drawing observation" needs re-emphasis since it seems to have been quietly overlooked in the ensuing discussion. . .
Hi 0007,
An ability to draw certainly helps a lot and most artists have that skill to a greater or lesser extent - even sculptors. If you ever get the chance to look at the drawings of Henry Moore - don't pass it up - as they're superb. That said, my wife doesn't draw at all - never has - and it doesn't stop her from producing excellent mosaics. Drawing is a skill that can be acquired by anyone - it just takes a lot of practice. A good teacher really helps and I was lucky enough to have a brilliant one. Interestingly, my tutor's own work was conceptual and didn't rely on any drawing skills at all. He produced books - I remember one entitled 'An Acre of Grass' which comprised hundreds of pages of the same image (grass) which, if laid out side by side, would fill an acre. Another was called 'London to New York', which just had horizontal lines on every page which, if put end to end, would stretch from one city to the other!

Anyway, it's clear that the artist(s) who did the blue boat and the landscape you posted knows one end of a pencil from the other - both are well observed. They're similar styles, but the boat in particular is very graphic in style which suggests to me that the artist may make his/her living as an illustrator, technical draughtsman or architect.
Tim.

I am more than satisfied with my own artistic analysis or lack of it.
Of course you probably prefer your own views. Only natural and variety is .........….etc.
Keep smiling through the vagaries of life.