Around The FTSE100 In 28 Days?????

Message 8 Edited....

You are quite right Danfreek, I will keep the record of this trial run private.

The Road Not Taken - by Robert Frost.

A poem almost lost because of the ineptitude of a publisher. Such is brilliance.

I follow the FTSE. Have done for many years. Only found this forum today. Looking for fellow traders of spread betting to swap general thoughts.

The FTSE has been jogging of late; its now in a walking mode. However, I still see pleanty of gains [providing no major upsets], and I believe it still has plenty of breath for the coming month. I've made some bold tips ref the FTSE, and to some, I'm sure, this would be like lifting ones head above the battlements and shouting, 'cum on yer mothers!!!' But Hay Ho!

My coming weeks pediction:

Wed: up.

Thu: up lots.

Fri: debatable.

If you want to discuss further, mano o mano, e-mail me.

yours

UK

ukhero said:
The Road Not Taken - by Robert Frost.

A poem almost lost because of the ineptitude of a publisher. Such is brilliance.

I follow the FTSE. Have done for many years. Only found this forum today. Looking for fellow traders of spread betting to swap general thoughts.

The FTSE has been jogging of late; its now in a walking mode. However, I still see pleanty of gains [providing no major upsets], and I believe it still has plenty of breath for the coming month. I've made some bold tips ref the FTSE, and to some, I'm sure, this would be like lifting ones head above the battlements and shouting, 'cum on yer mothers!!!' But Hay Ho!

My coming weeks pediction:

Wed: up.

Thu: up lots.

Fri: debatable.

If you want to discuss further, mano o mano, e-mail me.

yours

UK
I trade FTSE options - mainly short Puts at the moment due to the recent EDSP distortions which have impacted short calls - and occasionally SB the Index also, although I mainly SB the US indicies. I'm interested in your forward view of where the FTSE is going.

Its been trading in the 5150 - 5275 range for most of July until the breakout above 5300 last Friday. A 25 basis point cut in the bank rate has already been factored in and if this doesn't materialize on Thursday then we could see a drop back to 5200 over the following week.

That aside I think we could be due some retracement during August and then a further move up towards the end of the month. I would be very hesitant going long at this time and am looking for a potential short opportunity, particularly if and when the Dow breaks down which I believe is fairly imminent.

The FTSE

These are my thoughts based on study.

I believe there will be a rate cut due Thursday [and I'm betting on it], this will bolster the market greatly. Lets see.

The FTSE is well established, and as such, is driven, at the moment, by pure greed. Plenty of buyers out there; FTSE stocks are doing well; UK has had a bumper of a six month term; Stocks are riding high on this.

However, in general, this is short lived. The long term, stocks will loose out on the second half of the year unless circumstances change. But for us, and the time being, lets make Hay!

All things being even, and the rate cut Thursday, will see the Market rise quite strongly for the coming three weeks. Perhaps to the level of 5450+.

If the rate cut is none existent / does not happen / goes up, I still believe we will see a mixed market of fall, rise, fall, rise ect; But ultimately a slow grinding clime.

There are several notable annalists here in the UK that predict a strong rise from the 8th August onwards and upwards. As always, I shall be following the market closely.

My knowledge of the American Indices is poor, which is bad as the American Market affects the UK so much. So, general feedback is appreciated in regards to thoughts about rise / fall.

Yours

UK