Any tips for FTSE100 day trading

trendyguy

8 0
Hello Everyone,

I'm new but not new... the following should elaborate a bit...

I've been interested in trading for about 3 years and have taught myself in that time (to some extent) about TA and generally how the markets work, I have occasionally traded (spread bet with IG) the FTSE100 and a few stocks I have in a watch list. I started with an account size of £500, from that I have made a bit and lost bit but the account is currently about £200 in profit. Generally the only times I've made good profits was on big announcement days, ECB, BOE and non-farm pay rolls etc.

I'm looking to trade the FTSE100 as a full time day trader, I have developed a plan and strategy which I am currently back-testing.

Are there any general pit-falls to looking out for when trading the FTSE100 on a daily basis? Or is day trading the FTSE100 just plain stupid? :eek:

Any advice would be great and very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Trendy Guy aka Tim (y)

timsk

Legendary member
7,600 2,374
Hi Tim,
Welcome to T2W.

I answered a similar question to yours this morning on another thread which may be of interest to you. Your circumstances aren't the same, nonetheless, there are enough similarities to warrant taking a look. Here's the link: Request for advice from someone who has never traded

The other thing you might like to do is to have a gander at a very active thread utilized by traders currently doing what you intend to do: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??. It's a massive thread, so I suggest you only look at the tail end of it to get a feel for the members who are contributing to it at the moment.
Enjoy!
Tim.

trendyguy

8 0
Thanks for your time and reply, Tim.
I will certainly take a look at your recommendations.

Hi Tim,
Welcome to T2W.

I answered a similar question to yours this morning on another thread which may be of interest to you. Your circumstances aren't the same, nonetheless, there are enough similarities to warrant taking a look. Here's the link: Request for advice from someone who has never traded

The other thing you might like to do is to have a gander at a very active thread utilized by traders currently doing what you intend to do: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??. It's a massive thread, so I suggest you only look at the tail end of it to get a feel for the members who are contributing to it at the moment.
Enjoy!
Tim.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock