Around The FTSE100 In 28 Days?????

Texas_Hedge

Those of you who know me, (I know it won't be many) will know I am predominantly a foreign exchange trader. In my recent thread in the forex forum (EUR/ESD) I traded live for 28 trading days. Shortly I intend to Trade the FTSE100 Index for the same period, 28 Trading Days and beat my forex trading total of 1354 Points Profit.

I have not traded the FTSE since 1996. (So maybe a little rusty)

If any Index traders read this and would like to offer some input or even to participate with your own attempt you are most welcome.

I have not set a date for the start, But will begin a new thread here.

Regards

Peter

Last edited:
good luck with it peter...

it should suit you better than FX imho, as it is more suited to counter-trending than trend following, and from your posts on the FX thread, you seem to be doing the former.

good luck with it.

fc

FTSE 100 Index

peter44 said:
Neil...What charts would these be?

FTSE100 Index - I thought this was the instrument you are contemplating trading?

neil said:
FTSE100 Index - I thought this was the instrument you are contemplating trading?

Yes. But not using charts...Not my favourite method of trading.

Hello to all, i'm a Newbie here, but have traded the FTSE 100 daily with a good margin of profit. I am still reading through this very informative site and gleaning lots of info, (most going above my head at the moment) and am currently reading Murphy , John J. - Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets.

Glad to hear the dry run went well and I look forward to the future posts and any additional info you would be willing to share.

Best regards

Thwacker

Last edited:
Texas_Hedge said:
Dry run Day 1

Taken 41 Points from trading the FTSE100 future (3 trades) on the first day of the Dry run.
It would be interesting to know what trades you actually made and how many pts each one generated.

There is no analysis. No why's or How's....It's purely a test (a Dry Run) updates will be edited daily on message #8.

I will be trading a single contract daily for 2 or 3 weeks. To assess the feasibility of gaining 1300 or more points in 28 Days (Trading Days)

Texas_Hedge said:
There is no analysis. No why's or How's....It's purely a test (a Dry Run) updates will be edited daily on message #8.

I will be trading a single contract daily for 2 or 3 weeks. To assess the feasibility of gaining 1300 or more points in 28 Days (Trading Days)
OK, but can you tell us what trades are you actually testing.
Are you trading daily option contracts and if so buying or selling and at what levels ?
Or are you trading SB's on daily cash contracts and if so short or long at what levels ?

I'm trading the September Future. Both Long and Short. Less than 1 hour where possible...Less than 15 mins if possible...No limits to the number of trades per day.

Texas_Hedge said:
I'm trading the September Future. Both Long and Short. Less than 1 hour where possible...Less than 15 mins if possible...No limits to the number of trades per day.
Thanks - be interested to see your entry and exit levels with pts gained or lost.
Presumably you won't be using stops !

Texas_Hedge said:

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense, you have to have a reason to buy or sell, even if it's simply "because I got heads when I flipped the coin".

lol, you know what I mean though. If you don't want to give the reason for your trades, then that's fine, but you haven't said that, you're just claiming a certain number of points and that's not going to teach any of us anything. I'm not trying to flame here, I'm just trying to understand the thread so I can follow it.