Article Are You Making One of the Most Fundamental Investment Mistakes?

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,454 54
Compare the average investor’s returns around the world to the average Wall Street firm’s returns. I think we would all agree that the average Wall Street firm is making the lion’s share of the money, while the average investor hardly ever comes close to achieving their financial goals. Next, think about what the average investor does in the markets; they “buy stock”. Now, think about Wall Street’s primary business; they “sell stock”. Hmm… One group is selling and producing very high returns each year, and the other, who is buying, struggles financially. And, this is happening in a market that typically goes up. Understand that I am not at all suggesting the average investor should stop buying stocks and start selling. What I am strongly suggesting is that the average investor needs to start “thinking the markets” like Wall Street does. This is because it is one of the most common investment mistakes.
Let’s think about how people around the world are conditioned to invest/trade...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Porkpie

151 10
Problem is Sam, Value moves price. Value is not determined by where the market has traded before. Once you determine value then you'll be better able to know whether a price level will reverse or not.