Apple ?

Stoney_21

i own 30 shares in Apple. is now a good time to buy more or should i wait till it drops again? will it drop again?

Apple Update

Apple Technical analysis:

Short Term Indicators Average: 60% Buy
Medium Term Indicators Average: 50% Buy
Long Term Indicators Average: 67% Buy

Price: 128.76

Resistance: 132.96

Today's Opinion:64% Buy
Last Week's Opinion:88% Buy

I agree with Francis about holding Apple for the long haul, considering it is up %14.91 in 6 months, %48.03 in 1 year, %53.97 in 3 years, %271.75 in 5 years.

I'm always keen ta short anything that the general public gets bullish about.

Well I don't hold anything for more than a few days, but shorting Apple would be like picking a fight with God. :innocent: The euro is in the toilet, so buying that for when Germany finally gets Greece to leave. :clap:

I would have to agree with you. Apple and Starbucks make great economy indicators.

Apple is a good investment, even if the vision of Steve Jobs is missing, Apple has such a big profit margin with its products, which can not afford an expensive development of new products. Apple makes its way further up.

Apple, google and a few others have been really taking a huge bit into the bond markets. I have never been disappointed with Apple. They seem to have the Midas touch.

I think you can buy them now. Because currently Apple is trading at $127.80. Last time when I checked out the price, it was around $135. At what price you bought them last time?

Attachments

• Apple R&S.png
    Apple R&S.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Paul Robinson of CFDtrading.com had this to say about Apple:

"From a trading perspective, we were looking at a triple-top formation which came under fire on the rally up until yesterday. It now resembles something closer to a ‘quadruple-top’....

aapl-daily-chart.jpg

Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.​

"Our first target is $116, then we look lower towards the $105 area. This begs the question – if Apple shares do in fact drop 15, 20%, or more — where do you believe the overall market is headed? After all, AAPL accounts for approximately 14% of the Nasdaq 100 as of the close yesterday."

Why the retrace?

I have my own thoughts on why apple has sold off this week. China, less than expected profits and general market sentiment but there was news of a new Apple tv near the end of last week and it's still making huge profits. Surely this is a buying opportunity?

I also like to look at the 13F filings. Vanguard, State Street, and Blackrock are the biggest holders in Apple. If they decrease their positions, a drop is likely to follow and vice versa. More funds have decreased their positions in Apple than have increased them. Vanguard has decreased their holdings in Apple by a bit. As long as you're not daytrading Apple, it sounds good for the long-haul whatever the price. I always leave some money there.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/7-reasons-i-just-bought-more-apple-inc-stock-cm504846

Did anyone buy AAPL when it fell to $95.00? It has already risen to $113.00. :clap: