Anyone trade purely based on news only ?

There is a problem which companies face when employing employees in sensitive positions, it is commonly known as mental disorder. If that employee holds a sensitive position like punching numbers or characters or messages which can be read worldwide through a terminal, and that employee suffers a mental breakout like insulting others online, it is highly possible that that employee may disseminate very undesirable information over sensitive equipment like the internet.

So if that employee is really employed by any company which he or she claims to be, and is in that sensitive position to create sabotage through the computer, it will be very necessary to know if that employee is really in that company, because if that employee abuses clients information it can be very disastrous.

As an example, if a trader trades purely based on news only, and he subscribes to a news service company which employs a mentally disturbed IT professional, and that employee disseminates untruths through the news feed, what is the trader really doing when he trades by relying on the news only?

Last edited:
Did anyone trade the UK trade balance? Strange action so far - in my view. (But we also had some very bad retail sales numbers this night).
PS. First came the move. And then came the news from Dow Jones. Bad.

Last edited:
Anonymous said:
There is a problem which companies face when employing employees in sensitive positions, it is commonly known as mental disorder. If that employee holds a sensitive position like punching numbers or characters or messages which can be read worldwide through a terminal, and that employee suffers a mental breakout like insulting others online, it is highly possible that that employee may disseminate very undesirable information over sensitive equipment like the internet.

So if that employee is really employed by any company which he or she claims to be, and is in that sensitive position to create sabotage through the computer, it will be very necessary to know if that employee is really in that company, because if that employee abuses clients information it can be very disastrous.

As an example, if a trader trades purely based on news only, and he subscribes to a news service company which employs a mentally disturbed IT professional, and that employee disseminates untruths through the news feed, what is the trader really doing when he trades by relying on the news only?

forgive me if this is obvious but, your point is ....?

Baruch said:
Did anyone trade the UK trade balance? Strange action - in my view.
PS. First came the move. And then came the news from Dow Jones. Bad.

this move in not out of the ordinary for this figure when comparing to recent moves. gain capital have intraday tick data spanning a few years. You will be able to go back and see all the moves and dteremine your trading strategy for each figure as the moves are different for each.

sccz97 said:
this move in not out of the ordinary for this figure when comparing to recent moves. gain capital have intraday tick data spanning a few years. You will be able to go back and see all the moves and dteremine your trading strategy for each figure as the moves are different for each.

OK. But it was on your list? Can anyone use that data from Gain Capital? Did you trade the number?

Baruch said:
OK. But it was on your list? Can anyone use that data from Gain Capital? Did you trade the number?

yes, this is one of the figures on my list altough I do not consider it a major uk figure for my strategy. I think anyone can use the data from gain capital. I can't vouch for how clean the data is.

http://ratedata.gaincapital.com/

sccz97 said:
yes, this is one of the figures on my list altough I do not consider it a major uk figure for my strategy. I think anyone can use the data from gain capital. I can't vouch for how clean the data is.

http://ratedata.gaincapital.com/

Thank you, but I think I will have problems by making a download of all that data on my PC. PS. Did you trade the number?

The main reason for the short lived bounce is thatt he ONS put out a statement with the figures that implied the improvement was due to a one off adjustment it had to do becuase of a fraud.

This is usually a great figure to trade, if it is out of line, in my view.

JP1966 said:
The main reason for the short lived bounce is thatt he ONS put out a statement with the figures that implied the improvement was due to a one off adjustment it had to do becuase of a fraud.

This is usually a great figure to trade, if it is out of line, in my view.

Yes, I can read it on the newswires. Did you trade the number?

It is very strange. We are very few here which debate news trading. Where are all the other traders in this forum? Well, if this thread was about trading systems we would have many more who read it og made posts. I just can't understand why so few traders wants to trade the news - and learn about it.

JP1966 said:

OK. Could we get some more details? (I didn't trade the number, because I was watching if Dow Jones was out with the number before the move - they were not. I should have gone in with the reverse, but didn't).

Saxo Bank recommends selling USD/TRY, because the Turkish Lira is very popular because of the high yield (14%). Saxo expect the pair to go down fra 1.32 to 1.30.

PS. You get many such tips when you are a Saxo-customer. Today they also recommends selling USD/CAD - because of the high oilprice. I don't understand why.

Baruch said:
OK. Could we get some more details? (I didn't trade the number, because I was watching if Dow Jones was out with the number before the move - they were not. I should have gone in with the reverse, but didn't).

Wasn't trying to be awkward but can't really see the point of putting up actual trades. Was happy to say I lost Friday etc but generally don't put up trades as anyone can post up 'real' trades, make out they are the worlds best trader but I don't think it adds any value.

I bought it on the figure and sold higher up. I have not trade since and so I did not go short it as it fell back or bought it when it fell back and bounced.

JP1966 said:
Wasn't trying to be awkward but can't really see the point of putting up actual trades. Was happy to say I lost Friday etc but generally don't put up trades as anyone can post up 'real' trades, make out they are the worlds best trader but I don't think it adds any value.

I bought it on the figure and sold higher up. I have not trade since and so I did not go short it as it fell back or bought it when it fell back and bounced.

OK. I just wanted to know if you got the number before the move.

1. Only paid advertisers are allowed to advertise on T2W.

2. If someone posts classified company information, like trade secrets, how much money he pushes through to which counterparty, who are the counterparties, etc,

i. disclosing company's trade secrets,
ii. tendency to aid enemy countries through the internet, or attempting to sell trade secrets to enemy countries,
iii. possibility of breaching news feed, data feed service providers agreement.
etc.

If the claims of that person are true, I won't be surprised he gets a surprise visit from the riflemen.

Good Luck.

JP1966 said:
Too slow to pay the 24 or 26 offer but managed to get some in at 28.

Well done. When I read the headline, and saw the price, it was 40. Poor Dow Jones.

Last edited: