Anyone sign up for the agora publishing services?

Hu-man

Greetings all!

They always advertise "Explosive Profits...blah,blah,blah..."sign now. Any good results from their services?

I've subscribed to the oxford club which so far works ok...nothing spectacular. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

j

Don't bother, they're the same as the rest of them. They will also sell you Atkins :eek:
You'll learn more here...........and it's FREE :D

oatman said:
Don't bother, they're the same as the rest of them. They will also sell you Atkins :eek:
You'll learn more here...........and it's FREE :D

Thanks Oatman!

Could you recommend a good stock investing website with email alerts that actually work? I would be using these services and cross checking with my own program to make sure it's sound to me also.

How about vixtrader.com or stockpickssystem.com??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

james

The difference is that Atkins really does work.

Clinical trials in the States whose results were published around two weeks ago found it to be a far better method of losing weight than low cal diets such as wieght watchers. The whole food industry is geared towards low cal so will trash Atkins whenever it can.

There is also a 'wonder' diet pill that is now undergoing the approval process that works in much the same manner by stopping the body absorbing Carbs.

Whether Atkins carries health risks I don't know but it doesn't advocate staying on the really low carb bit for long like most people believe.

JonnyT

That's pretty much how Atkins does it Oatman.

The lo-carb leads to high-protein (what else could you eat?).

A high protein diets fills you up and keep you feeling full longer. Carbs release their energy much more quickly.

Net result - you end up eating less calories because you simply end up eating less.

As JT says, it's not recommended as a long-term, on-going diet. But it is very effective in hitting a target weight.

After that, as you say, it's balancing your intake with your output.

I suppose a healthy lifestyle counts as 'The Tools - Trading Resources'. After all, as traders we are our most valuable resource.

Simple carbohydrates release energy quickly. Complex carbohydrates release slowly.
Atkins' Diet is unbalanced. It also consists of cutting out alcohol.
Any drinker who stops will lose weight.
Atkins' diet sets up ketosis where a shortage of glucose causes fat to be burnt :cool:
OK until there's no fat, then you burn muscle tissue for energy :(

Whilst this has gone completely off topic and these posts may well be removed, and with regard to Atkins ,I would say that it is not as simple as is being made out. Atkins jumped on the bandwagon long after this method of losing weight was used by top athletes and bodybuilders.

By eating only protein and fat what happens is that after 3 days the liver is drained of glycogen. This is when most people feel totally lethargic but at the same time the body switches to burning fat and at a much faster rate than is achieved by low calorie diets alone.

How do I know ? well I used to be a competitive athlete in my youth and used this method of dieting to initially lower my fat to extermely low levels and then do what is known as carbohydrate loading which gives you even greater performance than by normal diets alone.

The way that people are encouraged to diet in the Atkins book is extremely dangerous in my view as it is essential to be taking a number of food supplements when engaged in this kind of weight loss program which is not included in the Atkins version. There is a whole science in all of this.

Paul

There was a book called "never be sick again" by Raymond Francis that changed my life...this was before the atkins trend hit the U.S.

in a nutshell, after receiving normal diagnostics from his doctor year after year but still feeling lethargic on a daily basis this man began conducting research on his own. he simply did not accept what his doctor told him that his lack of energy was due to the fact that he was getting older. so this man inevitably found out the truth. he eventually studied a group of people in the himalayans to find out why they lived 90+ without falling victim to any of the worldly diseases known to man, specifically U.S. complications such as diebetes, obesity,(fast food nation, please?eric schlosser good readings), cancer etc...
he discovered within the group that men in their 80s were as strong as their 30 year olds. older women were as youthful and spontaneous as their younger crowds. amazing thing was that none of the people died from any type of diseases but rather just passed in their sleep. what was their secret? diet and excercise...more importantly, it was how they consumed their food because their exercise consisted mostly of just walking. essentially, they divided their consumption into separate eating sessions....carbs/vegetables at a sitting, separately from their protein/vegetables sessions, fruits in another session, and nuts in another.usually every 2-3 hours.

i started eating like this about 2 years ago...got my fasting blood analysis 2 weeks ago which analyzes blood, internal organs, cholestrol, sugars etc...the results were incredible! my doctor said it was the highest numbers he's ever seen. the crazy part of it all is that prior to my eating habit changes, i smoked everything.i mean Everything, didn't exercise and just looked poor. now, i just ran the la marathon, competing in the la city triathlon, and eating right. Thank God i found that book.

i believe atkins is going the wrong way trying to convince people that eating atkins will be healthier in the long run but what can you do in a country where everything is fueled by the movies that depicts physical attributes are more important than your health and everything else and that if you don't look good, you aren't healthy....but don't worry we could change that....come in for a cosmetic consultation! sad.

Interesting post Hu maybe this thread should be moved to the lounge and renamed diets!

Could you give me an example of your typical days menu or if you have enough time weeks plan ?

I may give it a go.!

Thanks Mark.

schoe said:
Interesting post Hu maybe this thread should be moved to the lounge and renamed diets!

Could you give me an example of your typical days menu or if you have enough time weeks plan ?

I may give it a go.!

Thanks Mark.

of course Mark....and since you're a senior on these boards, ummm I hope you could guide me in making some money.

These are the vitamins I have in my vita cabinent: (all could be found at www.iherb.com)
1) ALIVE multi vitamins (really the best out there and i've searched for many)
2) Optimum antioxidants
3) tribulus
4) maca
5) norwegian salmon
6) inositol and choline 400mg
7) dma
8) sarsparilla

i have the above vitamins based on the areas i want protected and improved...brain, internal organs,and physical

mon-fri:
6-7am: i'll take two pills of gh3 with a glass of water
8-9am: later i'll eat a bowl of oatmeal with vita #1,2&3
11-12pm: protein with vegetables or carbs with vegetables. i.e. eggs and greens or eggplant pasta or vege sandwich with vita #4,5,&6
2-3pm cereal or fruits or CYTOSPORT's Muscle Milk
5-6pm protein with vegetables....i.e fish and veges

try to keep root vegetables separate and fruits separate. throughout the day if i'm hungry i'll eat a protein bar or nuts but always keeping food groups separate. If you start eating this way, you're body will start changing to be more efficient. you may experience flatulence and nausea for the first 1.5 weeks. during this stage your body is getting stronger and expelling toxins.

it takes committed time but once you get there, like everything else, it's easy to maintain.

james