Anyone shorting the Dow Jones? pt 2

Doomberg

Established member
It's at a massive resistance in my opinion... if you remember correctly i forecasted just under a 1000 point fall last time i did a Dow thread. I'm normally an intraday trader but this looks juicy as hell. I'm in at 13605.6 and my stop is 13668.

How is everyone anyway?

It's at a massive resistance in my opinion... if you remember correctly i forecasted just under a 1000 point fall last time i did a Dow thread. I'm normally an intraday trader but this looks juicy as hell. I'm in at 13605.6 and my stop is 13668.

How is everyone anyway?

I agree it should be a short, but I've been thinking that for weeks.

I am shorting it, I am also shorting the FTSE, it's trading above a huge monthly resis and I think there is a good chance of price being rejected there and a big retracement.

I shorted the close last night, agree with stops above the old highs at 13668 ish! Good luck guys !

How is everyone anyway?

Correctly? Far as I can recall you started calling short at 13070 and the market went up nearly 600 before a drop came in.

It just looks too obvious that's the problem, plenty of money just lying around for the pros to pick up. I might have a small stakes punt on it though.

In fact i have a screenshot for you, 6th of July last year.... my forcast was correct, i did make a **** up on the trade by moving stops too tight and not sticking to my original plan but what i said would happen did, as i think it will this time too (or hope to)

Attachments

• DJI.jpg
    DJI.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 502
Lol nope, i'm not that guy... take a look at my original thread

Ooops! My apologies, Doomy. What was the name of that guy? Mind you, you did start off your last thread talking about short at 13070 :)

Would you like me to remove my posts and those associated with it?

Hey no it's fine mate :) and i know who you mean.... it was deadbroke with the "Great Depression - Short trade of a Lifetime" thread he just disappeared in the end after adding to his short regularly for months on end, i wonder what happened to that guy lol

Hey no it's fine mate :) and i know who you mean.... it was deadbroke with the "Great Depression - Short trade of a Lifetime" thread he just disappeared in the end after adding to his short regularly for months on end, i wonder what happened to that guy lol

Aye, that's the guy. At least you both start with a "D", but I should know better than to rely on my memory at my age :LOL: Sorry again :eek:.

Hope it goes well for you. I'll still be favouring the long side 'til 13300 goes.

Hey guys, I dont trade the Dow but..... just looking at the weekly chart this is a powerful 3 week break upwards. It all depends on your timescale/tradeplan for a short. I would certainly expect to see some sort of reaction @ last sept highs however this is a powerful multiweek uptrend, last week there was multiple coordinated talk on the wires of more QE. I am just saying I would not be surprised at all to see a multiweek breakout, my weekly/daily bias is firmly long.

Me too, and today is time to press the button, look at it on large time frames, it's just a sexy trade :cheesy:
Hi Doomberg,
I've been 'predicting' a fall in $SPX since the start of the S&P 500 weekly comp' thread and have come unstuck every time! The 'sap' - or moving averages - are still pointing up. For a long term play, it's too soon to be going short, IMO . . .
$SPX_Long_Term_View.png
When the EMAs cross back over - that's the time to load up the shorts!

Going beyond the theory, have people got short positions open on the Dow or sell orders above 13300?