Anyone shorting the Dow Jones? pt 2

Doomberg

Established member
960 75
It's at a massive resistance in my opinion... if you remember correctly i forecasted just under a 1000 point fall last time i did a Dow thread. I'm normally an intraday trader but this looks juicy as hell. I'm in at 13605.6 and my stop is 13668.

How is everyone anyway?

Vasco da Banana

Established member
699 121
It's at a massive resistance in my opinion... if you remember correctly i forecasted just under a 1000 point fall last time i did a Dow thread. I'm normally an intraday trader but this looks juicy as hell. I'm in at 13605.6 and my stop is 13668.

How is everyone anyway?

I agree it should be a short, but I've been thinking that for weeks.

tradingteacher

34 0
I am shorting it, I am also shorting the FTSE, it's trading above a huge monthly resis and I think there is a good chance of price being rejected there and a big retracement.

Talbs!

Experienced member
1,180 24
I shorted the close last night, agree with stops above the old highs at 13668 ish! Good luck guys !

barjon

Legendary member
10,689 1,806

How is everyone anyway?

Correctly? Far as I can recall you started calling short at 13070 and the market went up nearly 600 before a drop came in.

brewski1984

2,073 356
It just looks too obvious that's the problem, plenty of money just lying around for the pros to pick up. I might have a small stakes punt on it though.

Doomberg

Established member
960 75
In fact i have a screenshot for you, 6th of July last year.... my forcast was correct, i did make a **** up on the trade by moving stops too tight and not sticking to my original plan but what i said would happen did, as i think it will this time too (or hope to)

Attachments

• DJI.jpg
    DJI.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 353

barjon

Legendary member
10,689 1,806
Lol nope, i'm not that guy... take a look at my original thread

Ooops! My apologies, Doomy. What was the name of that guy? Mind you, you did start off your last thread talking about short at 13070 :)

Would you like me to remove my posts and those associated with it?

Doomberg

Established member
960 75
Hey no it's fine mate :) and i know who you mean.... it was deadbroke with the "Great Depression - Short trade of a Lifetime" thread he just disappeared in the end after adding to his short regularly for months on end, i wonder what happened to that guy lol

barjon

Legendary member
10,689 1,806
Hey no it's fine mate :) and i know who you mean.... it was deadbroke with the "Great Depression - Short trade of a Lifetime" thread he just disappeared in the end after adding to his short regularly for months on end, i wonder what happened to that guy lol

Aye, that's the guy. At least you both start with a "D", but I should know better than to rely on my memory at my age :LOL: Sorry again :eek:.

Hope it goes well for you. I'll still be favouring the long side 'til 13300 goes.

C

cablemonster

0 0
Hey guys, I dont trade the Dow but..... just looking at the weekly chart this is a powerful 3 week break upwards. It all depends on your timescale/tradeplan for a short. I would certainly expect to see some sort of reaction @ last sept highs however this is a powerful multiweek uptrend, last week there was multiple coordinated talk on the wires of more QE. I am just saying I would not be surprised at all to see a multiweek breakout, my weekly/daily bias is firmly long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock