Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

You mean surely you came back to this continuation of a 6 week trend that has behaved fairly predictably. gets a respite and thinks it can go up a 100+ and then bang hit the sell button and fill yer boots.

Ok enough fun for today and maybe have a day off tomorrow, too many long long days. Won't complain though/

Good luck all and mind yer fingers
Fair point but I meant in terms of wiping of billions off the value of funds around the world

Looks like 1800 on s&p futures was a little too big a bite today.
China closed all week and Japan closed last night. Someones taking advantage.

Looks like 1800 on s&p futures was a little too big a bite today.
China closed all week and Japan closed last night. Someones taking advantage.

Well I'm still short at 1820something, no stop, its not a case of if but when tbh! When it goes it'll go quick with any luck a Friday close approximately 1778 ;)

started the day with oh FISH
ending the day with I can surf smile
tomorrow I go long only on a break of todays low

Well I'm still short at 1820something, no stop, its not a case of if but when tbh! When it goes it'll go quick with any luck a Friday close approximately 1778 ;)

Its going up into the close and its going to fly tomorrow.

On Monday it's "Presidents Day" in the US so markets are closed and China markets re-open after a week off.
I would say a sell-off this PM as no-one will want to be risk-on over the weekend... thoughts?

Nikkei hammered again nearly -5%, oil kicking around its lows.
Its so bad out there I might not even go long :eek:

On Monday it's "Presidents Day" in the US so markets are closed and China markets re-open after a week off.
I would say a sell-off this PM as no-one will want to be risk-on over the weekend... thoughts?

about the same, the bears will want to take a profit though and the temptation of cheap may be too iresistable

for me I will play a slightly positive on FTSE 5660 TO 5520 range
for the DOW 15481 remains my number to go long and Im already short 15781 on that

At a time when many investors and economists fear a potential recession in the global economy, the publication of the preliminary reading of the Eurozone GDP gains greater relevance. Compared to the previous quarter, the Eurozone economy will have grown 0.40%, which would put the annual increase in 1.50%. Underpinning this growth was essentially domestic demand and to a lesser extent investment. These items should have offset the slowdown in exports due to the weakening of China and other emerging economies. For 2016, estimates point, on average, for an increase between 1.50% and 1.80%, helped again by domestic demand, which should be underpinned by low interest rates and the fall in unemployment and fuel prices. The main risks are the economic slowdown in emerging countries, especially China, geopolitical tensions and volatility in financial markets.

Its going up into the close and its going to fly tomorrow.
i noticed last night that the dax ftse futures were well up even though the dow was down.i think we are going to have an
images

ftse pre-market currently 5810. Suspect there will be a gap fill followed by upwards and then downwards - ie usual gyrations. Gap fill to 5750 - 5730, upwards to 5850. Let's see.