Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

back in L@5540

I was doing the opposite of you, being short from 5550 for +5 :)

Concentrating on S&P this arvo, I think we break 1800 - *everyone* *knows* that 1778 is the target for Friday :innocent:

DAX is still trending up on large TF.
This is a pull-back, the expected 4th wave on weekly, the most extreme move on dax would be to go in the 8300, but not to close below it. (unlikely I hope).
We need to see what the US session will do and also tomorrow's sessions range and the close at the time of the US close.

Going to start reading that delta thread shortly - need a strong coffee first as it looks a bit heavy!

Has anyone tried (voluntarily or involuntarily) the FXCM trading contest?

https://www.fxcm.com/uk/advantages/mini-account/trading-contest/

The monthly returns for some of these guys are just crazy, making even the top prize money pretty much worthless to the winner - currently on nearly 6000% in February alone lol!

I don't currently trade FX but would be interested in the views of those that do - how does it compare with indices? and do you employ the same trading techniques as indices?

I have recently been reading Forexmospherian threads which provide some interesting insights.

Going to start reading that delta thread shortly - need a strong coffee first as it looks a bit heavy!
Delta count is just another point of view regarding Market structure and attempts to point time (time only when pure delta is concerned)of the possible H and L on a given TF.
Price targets I get using fibs and EW.
There are very few rules regarding delta.
Best videos on delta I have watched was the first recordings done by Copan.
The second series is good as well but the simplicity of the first one is to be recommended.
I do not post that often even on the private delta thread.
Have a look at DAX monthly chart I also have been using for some time.
I also use M1 to M5 to M30 gearing.
M30 was the reason I exited the shorts this morning, as there was a Divergence and daily ATR had been hit also.
I might re-enter short later on.

Attachments

• DAX Monthly 2016-02-11_110430.png
    DAX Monthly 2016-02-11_110430.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 75
I don't currently trade FX but would be interested in the views of those that do - how does it compare with indices? and do you employ the same trading techniques as indices?

I have recently been reading Forexmospherian threads which provide some interesting insights.

@swissy you can still trade indices with fxcm - but they are a market maker for indices, whereas with fx it's more transparent and you're trading DMA (or whatever the equivalent term is in forex?)

I think their indices spreads occasionally a little better or the same as IG, and their trading tools seem to be much more professional looking imo.

The banking sector will continue to be the protagonist of the European session. Until last week Italian banks had been chosen as a representative sample of the sector, but at this stage that role was taken over by Deutsche Bank. The bank’s activity has been penalized by restructuring costs and the legal costs associated with the various processes in which the bank is or was involved, the costs associated with greater regulation and also by the low levels of interest rates. In addition, investors will monitor developments in the oil and also the testimony of Janet Yellen in the Senate (15:00).

@swissy you can still trade indices with fxcm - but they are a market maker for indices, whereas with fx it's more transparent and you're trading DMA (or whatever the equivalent term is in forex?)

I think their indices spreads occasionally a little better or the same as IG, and their trading tools seem to be much more professional looking imo.

Thank you for your reply - do you trade both and if so do you have a preference of one over the other?

I am happy to trade indices as I am also an investor and like to be connected to equity markets.

Its good to see so many people on the thread, nothing like a few thousand points drop on the markets to generate interest.
Dax down 29% now.
Ftse 22%
Dow 15%.
Everything is right in the world.
Anyone for a long? :eek:

Its good to see so many people on the thread, nothing like a few thousand points drop on the markets to generate interest.
Dax down 29% now.
Ftse 22%
Dow 15%.

Stop tempting me you rotter - L @5530

Dax down 29% now.
Ftse 22%
Dow 15%.
Its dangerous for longs out there mate.Ive seen a few decent days for the long side but its when the trend is long for the day.there are not many days like that now lol.
picking a level is dangerous in my opinion-things may get a lot worse ;)