Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

During this week, European investors will follow the publication of the results of US companies as well as first quarterly accounts that European companies will present. Mining shares may trade under some pressure because of the fall in the price of various metals such as gold, silver and palladium. Banks shares, such as Barclays and Standard Chartered, may negotiate with a larger volume than normal. The English newspapers announced that Barclays will decrease the number of employees, while the Standered Chartered revealed it would announce restructuring measures in order to reduce costs.

The source for the recent weakness of the raw materials is related to the oil price drop (which often anticipates the cycles of other commodities) justified by the intention of Iran to increase production by 2 million barrels, the recent rise in dollar and by ongoing evidence of a slowdown in China's economy.

The source for the recent weakness of the raw materials is related to the oil price drop (which often anticipates the cycles of other commodities) justified by the intention of Iran to increase production by 2 million barrels, the recent rise in dollar and by ongoing evidence of a slowdown in China's economy.

And heres me thinking the USA has done a deal with Iran to put more pressure on the oil price to further punish Russia!

----------------------

Also, the USA fearful of the vast amount of Gold reserves the Chinese have acquired have used their proxy (JP Morgan) to take out even greater multiples of derivative contracts ($4Trillion) to force the price down to levels that the Chinese are now selling.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...dity-derivative-market-and-time-we-have-proof
http://citywire.co.uk/money/investors-flee-gold-and-buy-shares-as-worries-recede/a827811

"in combination with made-in-America monetary policy blunders, the decline of the dollar is almost assured, as not only the international community but Americans themselves question the merits of holding a fiat currency with diminished purchasing power (should China entertain a gold standard "
http://www.forbes.com/sites/cedricm...asuries-it-still-cant-crash-americas-economy/

Maybe if the price goes low enough the Americans might buy some and then give it to the Germans after all.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-stays-in-new-york-in-rebuff-to-euro-doubters

Same information different point of view. ;)
Is anyone any the wiser (or richer) for a different interpretation of facts, I think not. Fundamentals are for the birds IMO.

Still holding shorts in fdax from 11720 ish looking for +200 plus - delayed call - .

What happened to this guy? I see he was paper , but hasn't posted for over a year?

Did he blow up? or (hopefully) make so much money he's too busy to post anymore?

CT

I have been paper trading the FTSE Futures for over a year now, with occasional trades live. I would like to find other FTSE Futures Traders and compare notes.

I am consistently profitable on the Sim, averaging £400 per day allowing for commissions, but to achieve this I am doing 30+ trades per day. I trade one contract only, but add more if a trend continues. My average winner is £35 and my average loser is £20. My win/loss ratio is roughly 60% winners, 40% losers.

I am a very short term trader with most trades lasting 2 to 9 minutes.

My price targets are 6 to 10 points, depending on the price action.

My stops are usually 4.5 points if entered on a limit order, or 5 pts if on a stop order.

I use direct market access trading using the Open ECry platform. You get filled at the bid or the ask, and there is no spread to pay. Most people in the UK seem to use spreadbetting to trade the FTSE cash. They pay a minimum of 0.5 points per side in spread, which costs them £10 per trade, which makes it much harder to make a profit when you are scalping. My fees are £1.81 per trade.

As for strategy, I trade reversals, continuations, pullbacks and breakouts.

With the FTSE, a 2 point move above or below the previous 5 minute candle is significant enough to signal a change of trend most of the time.

I use support and resistance from the 60 minute and daily charts, and watch the 5 min, 1 min and 50 volume charts all the time.

As soon as a reversal is in, I look for retracements to the 38%, 50% and 61.8% levels.

I don't use pivots, but I make a rough note of where they are. They work better for swing trades, and are less accurate for scalping.

A 2 point move away from a S/R or fib level is enough for me to consider a change of trend.

I use the 5 min chart to monitor trends and the 1 minute chart to time my entries.

I watch how price action moves between upper, middle and lower boly bands on the 5 min chart, to decide my bias. This mid line is critical. Below mid bb, take short entries only. Above mid bb, take longs only, unless it bounces off a strong level. Importantly, I use an 8 period setting for bolys on the 5 min chart.

Pullbacks to the 5 EMA on the 5 min chart are good entries for a steady trending market.
Pullbacks to the 5 EMA on the 1 min chart are good entries in rapidly falling/rising markets.

I trade from 8am to 11am usually, and 2:30pm to 4:15pm, UK time. In the morning, I watch the ES and FESX for confirmation of moves by the FTSE. In the afternoon, I watch the ES for trend but trade the FTSE depending on what happens with the ES.

I am trying to reduce the number of trades I take, and cherry pick which trades to take. I also and trying to run my trades longer, but when I get 10 points up I usually close and bank the profit.

I am interested to see how many others scalp the FTSE futures like me, and if they are comfortable taking so many trades in a day. Also what set ups do they use that are successful.

What happened to this guy? I see he was paper , but hasn't posted for over a year?

Did he blow up? or (hopefully) make so much money he's too busy to post anymore?

CT

He got tied up with a proper job that required his full-time commitment I think.

ps: Surprised DL hasn't reminded us yet that mother ftse is around the Devil's number again :LOL:

He got tied up with a proper job that required his full-time commitment I think.

ps: Surprised DL hasn't reminded us yet that mother ftse is around the Devil's number again :LOL:

Old Nick 666

Attachments

• 666 o m.PNG
    666 o m.PNG
    1.8 KB · Views: 925
Dow leading the pack by the look of it, I've got 17860 as the deep end and 17891 as the shallow :)

Looks like the bulls have lost their flippers atm

On the 14th of July after the agreement between Greece and its creditors, there was the question of the impact of this understanding in the equity markets. Before Greece forcibly take the leading role (in late April), the DAX traded between 11800 and 11900. The day before yesterday, the DAX index reached these levels. European markets perhaps need new catalysts to allow them to approach to the maximum of the year. Among these possible factors include a renewed depreciation of the Euro, the continued improvement in the economic situation in the region, the good business results, etc.

Dax is nearly 900 points off its all time high its going to take something pretty special to break that.

Did you know apples contain cyanide. :eek:
Too much apple is bad for you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know apples contain cyanide. :eek:
Too much apple is bad for you. ;)

Two every morning and your sorted, nothing else just two apples and as much water as you can drink :)

Lunch, tuna in spring water and as much water as you like:)

Dinner, just pig out on anything.

Repeat :)

Dow leading the pack by the look of it, I've got 17860 as the deep end and 17891 as the shallow :)

Looks like the bulls have lost their flippers atm

Bad news= Looks like it closed with it's head above water but only just at 17863

Good news= (for the bulls) it looks like buying pressure :)

And old mother FTSE hitched a ride with Old Nick 66 :LOL:

Two every morning and your sorted, nothing else just two apples and as much water as you can drink :)

Lunch, tuna in spring water and as much water as you like:)

Dinner, just pig out on anything.

Repeat :)

You know Tuna contains mercury right?
Mercury and cyanide every day good luck with that diet. :)

"Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no
Oil wasted on the ocean and upon our seas, fish full of mercury"

You know Tuna contains mercury right?
Mercury and cyanide every day good luck with that diet. :)

"Ah things ain't what they used to be, no no
Oil wasted on the ocean and upon our seas, fish full of mercury"

I used to watch all this stuff, then I stopped, I'm not sure which way to go but I know what worked for me.

I am not on a diet now, unless a liquid diet counts ;)