Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Also got long on DAX

Attachments

• DAX_09PosB.jpg
    DAX_09PosB.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 70
+20, +11, +3 and now 0.

Trend shows it's time to call it a day while ahead. :p I just don't want to repeat Tuesday which ended in tears after a good profit. Still up on the week, but one trade (test of bigger than usual position) shot me down good. :cry:

Have a nice weekend guys.

BR

:) Short DAX from 9821. Small position only.

+40 and out.

Well, in the end, it was not so bad. At least pip wise (small position as I said). Now I'm really done.

Edit: As usual... I close it it falls 20 more in an instant. Oh well...

BR

beautiful, short signals paid off again...i closed too early again though! 95 points up for the day

beautiful, short signals paid off again...i closed too early again though! 95 points up for the day

(y)

You beat me. "only"+74.

But I'll take such a day anytime.

Wow, this is going fast. Another short for +11. Now it's livecall time for me and that's it. Good luck guys.

BR

Yes good stuff! I think more downside to come, but I might leave it at that

Yes, I'm at +85 now. I also think more down should come, but.. it's enough. Good day and after painful Tuesday (took a big hit) a good week.

For god's sake. Of course it broke down again.
If you need a receipt for trading - just stick in the trade if I go out.

BR

I couldnt help i, i got in and out just for a quick scalp

This run down has formed a huge red candle on the 1 hour chart. so significantly more downside to come

Hi Guys

I am interested in understanding how to define or measure my trading consistency.

For instance:

If I trade 6 times per day I would have a week with 30 trades
and be in profit :D BUT if I removed a single large winner then I may only be breakeven or negative.:whistling

So to me that was more Luck than trading skill.

I would think being consistent would be mean being "steady" day by day, week by week but I am not sure the best way to measure this?

How do you guys monitor your trading?

I'm slack at monitoring now, I used to monitor every single trade including the % of pot risked on each and the % gain. Its too hard to keep track of that in the style I trade. I take pot shots at the market with a smaller stop these days (obviously when my signals are present.

I do pull the data via excel on IG (PL data) which i paste into a spreadsheet. This shows me a summary at the top by market traded, average £pp used, number of trades made, number of winners, losers, avg win, avg loss, win %

Currently my strategy is at 63% win rate. I had a lousy few weeks last year which in itself was like 90% failure so it dragged my average.

I would pivot this and show on a daily basis the % success, and number of trades and the conditional formatting highlights days im over/below certain thresholds. Eg. big red colour if I'm in a success rate of less than 50%, and if ive made more than 15 trades in a day. Ideally i'd be able to monitor this on a real time basis but that would mean copying and pasting the PL date too much