Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hi Guys

Beginner Question:

Would any of you try to scalp the Dax while it is in the current trading range?
Or just wait till a confirmed break?

ps Happy New Year.

very hard to trade this nintrader, there are obvious channels to play on the 1 min chart (dax) but all entries are being tested & chopped to death

Hi Guys

Beginner Question:

Would any of you try to scalp the Dax while it is in the current trading range?
Or just wait till a confirmed break?

ps Happy New Year.

As you can see, DAX range today is not the perfect one.. its completely nasty today, you could still do if you have eye on higher timeframe say 1hr and your scalp chart AND you are brave :rolleyes:

Another Diamond in the evening ????

Attachments

• DAX_07V4.jpg
    DAX_07V4.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 88
Guys

I went short Dax 9534 with my stop 9555

I am trading 5min TF using only price action.

Logic: Break below the TR with a "strong" looking bear bar
( I tend either to get in too early OR too late!)

So it stops exactly at my entry and seems to be back to a TR.

Is there something obvious I missed which would have told me not to make this trade?

Thanks

andy

Guys

I went short Dax 9534 with my stop 9555

I am trading 5min TF using only price action.

Logic: Break below the TR with a "strong" looking bear bar
( I tend either to get in too early OR too late!)

So it stops exactly at my entry and seems to be back to a TR.

Is there something obvious I missed which would have told me not to make this trade?

Thanks

andy

I closed at 9521 - I need to claw back some money for the week!

Out too early - but I guess that is part of the "game"

Hi nitrader, inducement, parabolic move..... your enrtry may turn out good (& hopefully it did judging by the current price) but first the price will usually race back to near or at the breakline to shake out people that have shorted at that break point, therefore automatically giving you the possible shakeout of your short as the price rises, then it races back down to cover the possible longs & shake them out, or best scenario for the pros & bucket shops is people trapped, the brokers & spivs dream

Hi nitrader, inducement, parabolic move..... your enrtry may turn out good (& hopefully it did judging by the current price) but first the price will usually race back to near or at the breakline to shake out people that have shorted at that break point, therefore automatically giving you the possible shakeout of your short as the price rises, then it races back down to cover the possible longs & shake them out, or best scenario for the pros & bucket shops is people trapped, the brokers & spivs dream

So what are the options to deal with this?

1. Do you place a wider stop and hope that the up move against the short then stops and turns to continue downwards?

2. Don't place an entry at the initial breakout and wait for this retrace and then enter (I guess it may never retrace and then you miss the move)?

Learning a lot here so hopefully people don't mind me asking questions.:smart: