or is this just another fake up

the DOW buy signal is a strong one for me

EDIT: sorry i mean it will be when it completes a break above 595

Closed some DAX long

Attachments

• DAX_Pos7a.jpg
    DAX_Pos7a.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 188
CNBC is reportedly turning to gay hook-up app Grindr in a bid to attract new viewers.

The business and financial news broadcaster is advertising on Grindr after ratings fell to a record low, according to the New York Post.

the market welcomes all traders

So what are the options to deal with this?

1. Do you place a wider stop and hope that the up move against the short then stops and turns to continue downwards?

2. Don't place an entry at the initial breakout and wait for this retrace and then enter (I guess it may never retrace and then you miss the move)?

Learning a lot here so hopefully people don't mind me asking questions.:smart:

I vary the stops, never too wide.

I try to resist the **** end (or upend) of a parabolic/inducement bar, though hard to resist thinking I might miss out (hopefully I'm already in the position) & often I will take a quick scalp trade the other side of a parabolic, or wait to see the next price offered, BUT if its turbo charged & keeps racing, then I've missed it, I simply have to wait for the next set up, jumping in front of trains and all that !

I would always prefer to wait for any retrace before entry, I see this as simple clearance by the great mistic wizard/spivs, or whoever is pulling the levers, even if there is huge parabolic & i'm not on board, I would rather miss out & wait for next set up.

I'm still learning myself, it's only my observation, others will see it differently.

There are guys on this thread who manage to type, have banter, live call & trade.......surely another skill altogether !!!

I trade the confluence of two timeframes, depending on how fast or slow the day is panning out, all other higher timeframes are reference to me, but they are too slow, they don't really show the here & now for me as a 8am-4.30pm only day trader

Though with what is going on right now, maybe I should start the after hours !!

check out DOW daily, 2nd jan high to low of 6th.. we're not at the 50% retrace

Last edited:
In Europe, equity markets traded with some gains. The publication of the Eurozone inflation, measured by the consumer price index, will be one of the last relevant data that the ECB will consider before the day of the meeting, 22 Jan. For the first time in more than five years, the euro area inflation fell 0,2%. The result was slightly lower than the estimated decrease of 0,1%. The deflation spectrum has been pointed out by Mario Draghi, on multiple occasions, as the main threat to the economy of the Eurozone. The continuing fall in oil prices is affecting the companies related to this sector. Initially, this business sector could reduce investments in order to counteract the harmful effects of the crude oil price fall but investors fear that later these companies are forced to reduce its dividend. Another sector that will attract the attention of investors is the retailer. Sainsbury, the third largest chain of supermarkets English, reported a fall of 1,70% in sales (excluding fuel) in the last quarter of 2014 compared to the same period of 2013. The company warned that the future holds many challenges globally. The European retail sector was one of the worst performers in 2014 penalized for anemia in domestic consumption in Europe by high competition and the low level of inflation.