Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

FTSE trading

closed out for + 86,
Hi Mike, I'm interested in your strategy on FTSE trading.

Ive tried various methods including Hedjing the index using 2 accounts but this was worked for a short period in Novemeber 2012 only after I realised I had made some wrong assamptions analysing EOD figures.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Mark

Quote from SB company on DAX.

The interesting dynamic is that the earnings multiple on the DAX has fallen 10% since June 27, and on 11.3x forward earnings stands at an 11% discount to the Eurostoxx index. Value seems to be growing, especially with so much revenue derived offshore.

Morning. Didn't post much yesterday, busy office day but I did catch the market turn. See chart.

1) market makes a new high but rejects the first hour trading range top
2) 50% swing rejection shows long weakness
3) PA rejects yesterdays 50% support.... final confluence, down she goes.

Attachments

• dax 13.8.PNG
    dax 13.8.PNG
    84.6 KB · Views: 111
Morning. Didn't post much yesterday, busy office day but I did catch the market turn. See chart.

1) market makes a new high but rejects the first hour trading range top
2) 50% swing rejection shows long weakness
3) PA rejects yesterdays 50% support.... final confluence, down she goes.

Nice Chart Hereward

Heres my Hourly Chart from Yesterday, see how the 23% and 50% retracements of the rally were respected

as the 50% held possible upside in store esp if 9200 breaks

See what happens after the initial opening swing

Attachments

• DAxy.JPG
    DAxy.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 82
Hi dentist007
I'm interested in your index trading posts.
I've tried various methods trading the FTSE libe index including Hedjing the index using 2 accounts but this was not reliaible.

I'm also looking at trading the S&P using order flow and DOM methods using the jigsaw software. Any comments about that ?

Are you making consistent profits trading indices, and can you tell me more about the the charting package you are using ?

Thanks

Hi Mark
i used to be a rocket scientist.The method i use is that complex.....lol
everything i use is in the book
definitive guide to point and figure by Duplessis...that is all you need
available at amazon
software is bullseye..mt4 is the main workhorse
p/f is basically breakouts....tick data is the trigger for me
i have a small brain ...so cannot understand complex charts that get posted
basically...its trend and breakouts
pips..500 /day is my target..if i manage to get up early enough

Reactions: 2be
sp futures 60 min data
shows all the action on the trend from Friday
note the red horizontal at 1932..said yesterday..breakdown trade taken there
supp was picked up by the yellow trendline and a a bounce..note the breakout point was 1932/purple
we watch the aqua internal trendline and the main bullish supp line/green
lots of horizontal res above

2weidxj.gif

Last edited:
dow futures 4 hour data
in a res zone .especially 16600
weak data from China and Japan overnight..not sure what the reaction to this will be

auxrn4.gif

Does anyone use any type of channel indicator in their intraday analysis?
For my position trading I use EMA envelopes, but on 5min charts, it doesn't seem to work so well, even after a lot of adjustments. Are bollinger bands much good?

For my position trading I use EMA envelopes, but on 5min charts, it doesn't seem to work so well, even after a lot of adjustments. Are bollinger bands much good?
depends how you interpret them

I used to use them a lot but have stopped because I see no real advantage to them.

It depends on which average to use and they do give over/under sold levels- They, also give the beginning of a trend. So what do you use---a signal to reverse or a signal to trend with the Bollinger Band?

The fact is that, once in the trade, you are ignorant of which way the price will go next and it does not matter what signal to use. The only defence that I have is to get out as soon as I do not think that the trade us working for me.

And try, try to get that direction right! I do not need a Bollinger Band to help me with that.

Hi Mike, I'm interested in your strategy on FTSE trading.

Ive tried various methods including Hedjing the index using 2 accounts but this was worked for a short period in Novemeber 2012 only after I realised I had made some wrong assamptions analysing EOD figures.

Any help would be apprecaited.

Mark
Hi Mark, I'm in London at the moment but will explain more next week when I'm home . If you are scalping then in my opinion no indicator in the world will help you. Draw up support and resistance areas on a 5 min chart, every level where 2 or more candles stop, draw these ever so slightly above or below the candle tails then observe the price action and trade off what you see, not what you think. Pay attention to the correlation between the nasdaq, Dow,s&p and dax, after a while you will start to see patterns emerging. That's all for now . Will go into further detail next week.