Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Read this from Alpari's Chief Market Analyst this morning.......As a scene setting exercise it certainly provides food for thought.

HH

"Pressure is mounting on Janet Yellen and the Fed to act on the positive readings we have seen coming out of the US economy over the last 12 months. Last Thursday saw the first time the non farm payrolls had shown five +200K consecutive readings since 2001, we also saw the unemployment rate tick to 6.1%.

"Many believe that despite a low participation rate that a drop below the 6% level is the catalyst the Fed is looking for to act and it could well be as early as next month that we see an increase in tapering or even a potential rate hike.

"This could well spell danger for those investors who have invested heavily in this equity market rally. This rally is built on severely low volatility and even lower volume leading me to believe that if a change in monetary policy were to happen earlier than people expected, it would cause the gains to unravel at lightning speed."

S&P and Dow still ABOVE their close.
FTSE and dax loitering in the gutter like a scene from Blackpool on a Saturday night.

Attachments

• ftsedax.jpg
    ftsedax.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 74
have 718 as s1 on my charts, could easily hit this before yanks open

I agree with this, 9720 area looks good

FTSE is more tricky, I think we're on a key resistance point right now at 6698 area, but does it have 60 points more to drop to 6638 which is the next big key

First higher high on dax since 8.30 this morning.
Anyone waiting for confirmation?