Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Todays Dax chart. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• dpcc.png
    dpcc.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
The Dax is drifting. Everytime it gets near one of the lines on the chart heavy selling / buying comes in to keep it range bound. It is being heavily manipulated to create this pattern.

You said earlier today that you believe TA has an edge, and you frequently highlight this well known pattern - so why not trade it, rather than being annoyed by it?

It doesn't suit my style of trading, I do better stealing 10 or 15 points in a 40 point move, anyone can do that. This scratching around for a few points in an ever narrowing range combined with the spread is not my cup of tea.
I mentioned to you previously, the way to trade this (for me) is to capitalise on the moves up to 10am and then just stop trading.

The move was from 70 to 75 not 68 to 75 like I suggested. :rolleyes:

When I was a nipper trading was never like this.

Attachments

• old_man.jpg
    old_man.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 80
I got a short setup here at 9790, but still too jaded by the rigged market to take short comforatbly!

Well for completeness here's my final equity curve - I don't intend to post in this thread going forwards.

I initially chose to post screenshots from a 3rd party stats/performance app, with over 900 data-points. Felt it provided some degree of authenticity. However after some asinine comments this morning, I frankly don't see the point.

As some of you may know, trading for a living is hard. It's nice to have contact with others doing the same, however when ego issues and the like get involved it's time to call it a day. Apart from the obvious childishness, it can affect your trading and that gets expensive.

Good luck to those of you genuinely doing your best. I wish you well.

I believe the Germans made it, I too have a screenshot that I've enhanced. :LOL:

Do you really want me to come down South and have to bang your heads together.........................:(

I'm out for +5 on Dax this time.
I'm guessing with all this talk of terrorist threats and Airline stocks being sold off there's a lot of nervousness out there.
Will it filter through to the rest of the market?