Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Russell 200 small caps
Log box...1%,used when market trending
what a spectacular trend.It can retrace quite a bit before it looks bad..This market is healthy
no wonder it lagged the last few weeks

sfypog.jpg

Got it wrong... last week was gold down stocks level although not by a lot …..gold still hovers around the 1292 area and a break below would be bearish ….1284/1307 break would confirm longer term upstairs downstairs imo

s&p 1873 cash was the area to watch last week and still is this week ...the break late last week of this area was met by a snorting bull to bring us straight back up to 1877 (broken record) ….so 1873 is critical again for me next week i'd be bearish below this level ….nasdaq100 could provide the clue if it breaks it's bull/bear level at 3595...

this bull is mad ...he eats bears :eek:

all cash

Got it wrong... last week was gold down stocks level although not by a lot …..gold still hovers around the 1292 area and a break below would be bearish ….1284/1307 break would confirm longer term upstairs downstairs imo

s&p 1873 cash was the area to watch last week and still is this week ...the break late last week of this area was met by a snorting bull to bring us straight back up to 1877 (broken record) ….so 1873 is critical again for me next week i'd be bearish below this level ….nasdaq100 could provide the clue if it breaks it's bull/bear level at 3595...

this bull is mad ...he eats bears :eek:

all cash

am assuming same rules apply to uk and european markets as well? so will keep my eyes on these posts for updates, cheers

am assuming same rules apply to uk and european markets as well? so will keep my eyes on these posts for updates, cheers

Obviously this is just my opinion..i find that bumping my gums on my levels and the coming week helps me focus because I don't want to look like a tit ha ha:LOL:

europe I would say for the most part follows the US but occasionally gets out of sync ….i think the ftse is a bit out at the moment and looks like the leader of the pack ...so either the US follows and we get more upside or ...the US fails it's upside levels and continues south in which case the ftse the dax and uncle tom cobley will tank :)

the dax has already tested it's critical level at 9581 and I have 9642 as a bit of a cycle ...so theses are they :idea:

what's your view ?

Last edited:
Just to see what peoples opinions are. Does anyone agree that the FTSE Index is due for retracement potentially back to 6500 levels. Looking at the Daily, Weekly and Monthly time frames indicated that its nearing or just touched some strong resistance points?

Any thoughts?

Just to see what peoples opinions are. Does anyone agree that the FTSE Index is due for retracement potentially back to 6500 levels. Looking at the Daily, Weekly and Monthly time frames indicated that its nearing or just touched some strong resistance points?

Any thoughts?

Maybe, there'd be a symmetry with recent action, although the weekly trendline's been holding pretty well (posted monthly and weekly a couple of posts ago http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-6522.html#post2332870.

Alternatively there's an argument for a dash higher now it has just poked its head above the parapet.

wait and see I reckon :)

IMHO FTSE has a lot of catching to do ( upside ) , if i want to short an index i will choose something else , leave the FTSE alone ...

Here is the DAX chart I posted on 14th of may, showing uptrend on low volume..

And the chart from 16th close..

the circle is around 22nd of May, also 2be mentioned this could be an important day for his delta cycles ITD4..

I drew the trend lines using line chart and then switched it to candles..not sure if this is the right thing to do? :(

the question is..what happens between now and then?

Attachments

• dax14may.JPG
    dax14may.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 66
  • dax16may.JPG
    dax16may.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
danboi, you got three different view so far ...barjon wait and see ...tar more upside ...and dick lexic US will decide ....it's dead easy aint it :LOL:

IMHO FTSE has a lot of catching to do ( upside ) , if i want to short an index i will choose something else , leave the FTSE alone ...

Aye, but it's been mostly trading strong this year. Chart is cumulative strength/weakness for this year, but it's not been as strong as it looks because using simple 2:1 ratio. Got to a couple of hundred strong (ie: 200+ points above where it should have been had it kept pace with DOW) before trading weak until it got to over a hundred weak before going strong again.

Attachments

• ftsedow2014.jpg
    ftsedow2014.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 78
Im not 100% on whether Paszkman has a bearish or bullish outlook from that post but i do beleive (and correct me if im wrong) that low volume in an uptrend is a divergence and a potential bearish signal?

Aye, but it's been mostly trading strong this year. Chart is cumulative strength/weakness for this year, but it's not been as strong as it looks because using simple 2:1 ratio. Got to a couple of hundred strong (ie: 200+ points above where it should have been had it kept pace with DOW) before trading weak until it got to over a hundred weak before going strong again.

Forgot to say that the current ratio average is running at about 2.4:1 so you've got to bear that in mind when looking at the chart

Im not 100% on whether Paszkman has a bearish or bullish outlook from that post but i do beleive (and correct me if im wrong) that low volume in an uptrend is a divergence and a potential bearish signal?

also paszkman is not 100% :LOL:
dax dropped almost 200 points from when I posted the chart the first time..

I asked the same thing as you, and this was the reply from Postman:

Combined with unchanged volatility its the worst possible mix.
Light blue touchpaper and stand well back.

http://app.hedgeye.com/unlocked_content/35294-vanishing-volume

What’s the alternative? As a basic predictive signal, what works?
Price UP, Volume ACCELERATING, and Implied Volatility FALLING = bullish
Price DOWN, Volume ACCELERATING, and Implied Volatility RISING = bearish
PRICE UP on DOWN VOLUME and Implied Volatility unchanged = bad

Last edited:

Ftse is at 1999 highs , the Dow is not . Ofcourse if we have a big sell-off in the US then yes the FTSE will drop .

Last edited:
The Nikkei chart shows its testing 14,000 again. I'm not sure it will hold over the next few weeks...

This could be the week 14,000 breaks.
JPY data on Wednesday could give reason for the break.
ASX seen heavy selling Monday morning.
My guess institution money coming out of banks.
Current 5,436, should look to test 5,300/50 area before month end
Looking to short HK at the open, above 22,800 would be nice.