Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Agreed, I open flat and close flat unless I have a trade open, in profit and with a trailing stop, served me well for 15 years. :)

You'd think that I would have learned by now, wouldn't you. I, still, like to give a losing trade a chance, though.

No, i learnt not to do that, one i agree with Dinos and Postman, plus i bet you don't sleep quite as well when you have open positions over night if you are used to day trading, feeling that the trade is wrong.

Regards Shane.

i say lets not be to harsh with daxtrader even if you dont agree with his calls at least he puts them out there. however i dont see the the ftse/dax dropping tonight either it will hang around here till the dow closes i reckon or slightly higher 6686 tomorrow

i say lets not be to harsh with daxtrader even if you dont agree with his calls at least he puts them out there. however i dont see the the ftse/dax dropping tonight either it will hang around here till the dow closes i reckon or slightly higher 6686 tomorrow

i respect daxtraders 41 years of trading experience at some very prestigious firms

I think we should have a bizarre morning greeting competition.
Heres my tip for first prize.

"Originally Posted by SuddenDeath View Post
morning postman
the king tiger tank is stuck in the mud and cannot do blitzkrieg on the Bolshevik godless stronghold
death to communists !
morning splitlink"

If Salvador Dali was a poet he couldn't have done better.

SD, after my PM earlier, Nato recon the Russian's 3 to 5 days, to cut it in half, ie make a run for Trans-Dniester, Moldova.

Then you would want more shorts than you could get your hands on.

Just pondering.

SD, after my PM earlier, Nato recon the Russian's 3 to 5 days, to cut it in half, ie make a run for Trans-Dniester, Moldova.

Then you would want more shorts than you could get your hands on.

Just pondering.

yesterday the Dow made a 2 month low approx. but VXX is +1.6%

not up much now. up less than 1%

I'm getting ready to go long on Dow again. ;)

think dip buying is the way to go.

ftse only did a 33pt range , must be lowest for a long time.

small ranges near big resistance.

CNBC in pure disinfo mode over HFT.

i am remind of

Last edited:
1: I provided my trades in full

2: I provided my analysis in full with charts

3: I provided my reasons in full about the option barriers.

Every trade I have placed is fully backed with technical analysis and option barrier reasons and explanations.

That is not guessing, that is trading facts that are in front of me at the time of entry and stop placements.

If you take a look at other peoples posts and trades, there are hardly any explanations and reasons for the trades they take other than "they think" it will go up or down or hit a level.

Do I have confidence in what I do? Yes absolutely I do, I have been doing it for over 40 years and If I had no confidence then I would not be taking the trades, but rather gambling. If your not confidant or sure about something, then why would you do it other than gambling.

I fully stand by all of my trade calls and analysis I have provided on this forum and my own thread, the markets have done absolutely nothing to change the outlook.

My DJIA trades have been scaled into within this 16,520-570 zone, thats a 50pt range I have scaled into, the high of the session is 573, I have shorts at 520, 540, 560 and 570 which totals a maximum of 2.8% of my account. I will scale out on the way down with a final target in the 16,400ish area for any final holdings I may have.

In terms of the DAX, I am short from 9625 and 9644 for total of 1.6% of my account, everyone harps on about how others have made XXpts today, well I could have easily closed my DAX trades down at the 9605/10 support for a profit, but rather I'm holding these as my analysis defines a move down before the next rally. Again I will scale out of these positions with a final target of 9500ish for any final holdings.

As I said above, all of my positions have been backed up with charts, analysis and explanations on why I have taken them. There is no gambling or random position which one idiot has mentioned.

If that makes you num nut in this community, so be it.

Long Dow 16,532

This trade has been open for 19 minutes so I've locked in +6.

The other trade I did was open 18 minutes for +30.

Thats +36 minimum for 35 minutes of market exposure.
Feet up and relax again. ;)

This trade has been open for 19 minutes so I've locked in +6.

The other trade I did was open 18 minutes for +30.

Thats +36 minimum for 35 minutes of market exposure.
Feet up and relax again. ;)

F me that moved quick. locked in another +10 in the time it took to write that last post. :D