Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

on finspreads upto 0750am 2 point spread on ftse

Even tried to put a market order in from 07.50 to trade the index long, and it wouldn't let me.

Surely someone on this forum would know why they do this, or is it time to call Fxcm.

Morning All

Hard to say this but the DOW was the dog in August.

Markets all over the place in August.

Attachments

• August 2013.PNG
    August 2013.PNG
    68.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Point 2013.PNG
    Point 2013.PNG
    131.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Year 2013.xls
    264.5 KB · Views: 86
Even tried to put a market order in from 07.50 to trade the index long, and it wouldn't let me.

Surely someone on this forum would know why they do this, or is it time to call Fxcm.

I really would stop asking random members of forums why your SB acts like it does, just pick up the phone or email them. Unless you are just trying to publicly trash them in which case the people here are a bit smarter than that.

I really would stop asking random members of forums why your SB acts like it does, just pick up the phone or email them. Unless you are just trying to publicly trash them in which case the people here are a bit smarter than that.

Yes you are right, and I will call them, and ask, but I thought I'd ask the learned members of this forum incase I was not aware of something obvious.

With all due respect Postman I am not trying to publicly trash them, nor would I change brokers, as for the most part I am happy with the service they provide. If it did come across like that, then I do apologise.

Footnote:

I have spoke to fxcm, and they have told me that the reason I cant place a trade before 8am is because the market is untradeable before the open. I then asked why I cant place an order a few minutes past 8am, and have been told its because of liquidity issues.
HTH anyone else with this issue in the future.

Best
John.

Last edited:
Yes you are right, and I will call them, and ask, but I thought I'd ask the learned members of this forum incase I was not aware of something obvious.

With all due respect Postman I am not trying to publicly trash them, nor would I change brokers, as for the most part I am happy with the service they provide. If it did come across like that, then I do apologise.

Footnote:

I have spoke to fxcm, and they have told me that the reason I cant place a trade before 8am is because the market is untradeable before the open. I then asked why I cant place an order a few minutes past 8am, and have been told its because of liquidity issues.
HTH anyone else with this issue in the future.

Best
John.

I think it's fairly normal with SB companies. CMC close FTSE trading from 07:50 to 08:00 (though I noticed it was 08:01 today). Other major markets remain tradable, such as Dow and Dax.

Anyone for September 2012 levels.

I'm leaning that way today...

The best thing about scalping is you dont care if it goes up 1000 points or down 1000 points in the next few weeks / months. I'm not invested in a direction, it helps you sleep at night. :)

I can't seem to find Mr Topsteps opening print anymore. Do you have to signup to view it?

Right now, the market is whispering that the time to buy is fast approaching. So crawl out from your cellars and pay attention. Opportunity awaits…

I discussed yesterday how the characteristics of this market drop have changed. I told you more than 80% of stocks trading on U.S. exchanges fell Tuesday. But on the big exchange, an even higher percentage of stocks declined. To be exact, a whopping 92% of stocks on the NYSE landed in the red…

Is a 90% Down Day the Dawn of a New Day?

Right now, the market is whispering that the time to buy is fast approaching. So crawl out from your cellars and pay attention. Opportunity awaits…

I discussed yesterday how the characteristics of this market drop have changed. I told you more than 80% of stocks trading on U.S. exchanges fell Tuesday. But on the big exchange, an even higher percentage of stocks declined. To be exact, a whopping 92% of stocks on the NYSE landed in the red…

Is a 90% Down Day the Dawn of a New Day?

Just read the article SD.
He talks about capitulation, that's normally marked by a severe spike down for a very short time. I will wait to see if that spike materialises and then buy into it. (y)

Thats not a good daily chart on the ftse or the dax.

My BEST case scenario for the dow is a double bottom on 14776 tuesdays close.

notice how FTSE 30day ma acting as resistance , daily chart

this market seems to have a destination. just seems to grind its way lower. Vix is 17+

IBM chart still very bearish

There was a quick 25 points up for grabs for anyone trading a bounce of of 776. ;)

afternoon all,
looks like the blue PF(great frequency on that)is handing over to the purple PF.
Price made it to the median line of purple PF,which was horizontal resistance as well.
Made a decent place to sell from with stops just above.
Last little swing to the down side failed to take out buyers,as in turn the last upswing failed to take out any sellers..
Trend is still down on this 4 hour chart..shorts in place,stops in..
332axr9.jpg

So - the Americans are going to "Round them all up, put 'em in a field and ...."
Kenny had it right thats over 30 years old now :eek: