Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

all eyes on US now - will it sustain the current futures levels with DOW opening about +100 and then power away, or will it revert to its Friday closing levels and continue weak?

Da-de-dum I'm burning to go short/long but will wait awhile.

I think the Russians let their news story out a little early.
If there weren't any missiles today then there will be soon.

I think the movement on the Dax and FTSE is showing that traders are skittish, ready to dump stocks at the slightest hint of bad news.
Its short city from here on in.

I think the movement on the Dax and FTSE is showing that traders are skittish, ready to dump stocks at the slightest hint of bad news.
Its short city from here on in.

well ftse has been strong relative to dow and extended that strength yesterday with US closed. Bound to be a bit chary that US will buy into that. Also ftse staying pretty solid as the dow quote dips towards fridays close. It all depends on the big apple now.

(Reuters) - British construction activity grew at the fastest pace in nearly six years in August, driven by residential building, a survey showed on Tuesday, in another sign that the UK's economic recovery is gathering pace.

The Markit/CIPS construction purchasing managers index (PMI) rose to 59.1 last month - its highest level since September 2007 - from 57.0 in July, staying far above the 50 threshold for growth for a fourth month.

UK construction PMI hits highest level in August since September 2007 - Markit/CIPS | Reuters

(Reuters) - British construction activity grew at the fastest pace in nearly six years in August, driven by residential building, a survey showed on Tuesday, in another sign that the UK's economic recovery is gathering pace.

.... | Reuters[/url]

Sounds like interest rates will be going up soon. Time to sell. :LOL:

Just seen this quote in someones signature - made me laugh.

'If the trend is your friend, then it's certainly not your nicest friend'

Does anyone believe this Obama?

So - the market tanked when a 'false' report of missiles was put out.

Now Obama is saying he will go to congress and ask if he can launch an attack and if they say no he will declare war and do it on his own initiative as president. So there WILL be an attack no matter what.

So - the market tanked when a 'false' report of missiles was put out.

Now Obama is saying he will go to congress and ask if he can launch an attack and if they say no he will declare war and do it on his own initiative as president. So there WILL be an attack no matter what.

think china and russia are warning US not to attack Syria.

another failure for our "peace envoy" Tony Blair

monthly buy pivot for FTSE is 6515. and for Dow 15,100

Last edited:
Dow sinking, that ole Obama magic

syria, china pmi boost appears to have given shorts higher prices to short from

Last edited:
Just selling some Dax @ 8259. Over done this morning.
Hope to see it close at 8220 to confirm downward move.

Dow sinking, that ole Obama magic

syria, china pmi boost appears to have given shorts higher prices to short from

I was short from yesterdays highs.
That Dax is finding it difficult to stay down. I was bemoaning this last time then it just suddenly crashed.