Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

risk equity premium is a very good indicator to know when to be long stocks, also junk bond yields

think i also posted something about "the rule of 20" for deciding to be in stocks or not

Hi SD, what are these 2 indicators saying at this stage?

Do they account for pullbacks?

Hi SD, what are these 2 indicators saying at this stage?

Do they account for pullbacks?

hi CM

junk bond yields have fallen , which says companies can finance at low rates, risk equity premium is at historic highs, but this is muddied by the fact it relies on risk free rates which have been lowered by fed buying 70% of treasuries, so a true "willing buyer/willing seller" picture is not known Buffet has said you should not own gov bonds (treasuries) so in theory he expects bond yields to rise therefore lowering the risk equity premium

risk premium
http://www.businessinsider.com/equity-risk-premium-tepper-birinyi-damodaran-oneill-ritholtz-2013-5

rule of 20
http://pragcap.com/u-s-equities-and-the-rule-of-20

Last edited:
hi CM

junk bond yields have fallen , which says companies can finance at low rates, risk equity premium is at historic highs, but this is muddied by the fact it relies on risk free rates which have been lowered by fed buying 70% of treasuries, so a true "willing buyer/willing seller" picture is not known Buffet has said you should not own gov bonds (treasuries) so in theory he expects bond yields to rise therefore lowering the risk equity premium

risk premium
Bullish Equity Risk Premium - Business Insider

rule of 20
U.S. Equities and the “Rule of 20″

Probably due to my own lack of education on this subject but I've never heard of the Rule of 20 before and it does seem that the bulls are pulling out any reason they can to keep this rally going - or at least to justify it.

The Dow is now up 17% this year and at this rate it will be up 40% by the end of the year. It just defies gravity and feels 'wrong' in the manner in which it has gone up without so much as a pullback, and yet it still seems that it wants to go even higher.

Does anyone have a site that shows you which stocks are going ex-dividend this week. That when I need to buy by in order to qualify.

Does anyone know what happened to Samirs.

He used to post some quite good stuff but I haven't seen him around lately. I figure he must have blown his account. I'm not surprised though by the way he was going about things.

His account also doesn't show that he's been around for ages so this must be proof of his account being blown, either that or he has given up.

Judging by his last post today - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indices/120172-anyone-scalping-ftse-futures-2900.html#post2131628 - I think he's probably been on the right side :)

Anyone tried googling "what is driving the markets higher" there are more differing opinions out there than at an economists conference.

"Economics is the only field in which two people can receive a Nobel Prize for saying exactly the opposite thing."
"Economic forecasting is like trying to drive a car blindfolded and following directions given by a person who is looking out of the back window."

Anyone tried googling "what is driving the markets higher" there are more differing opinions out there than at an economists conference.

"Economics is the only field in which two people can receive a Nobel Prize for saying exactly the opposite thing."
"Economic forecasting is like trying to drive a car blindfolded and following directions given by a person who is looking out of the back window."

i read a book called "the corruption of economics " by prof mason gaffney, he went into the history of how economists became a bunch of hirelings for big business, a sort of courtier class of lapdogs spouting any thing that will help their master make money, Paul Krugman being the current head lapdog

10 hours to fall 30 points- 10 minutes to go back up again....

The smart money is in "Walkers" - given how many people are buying dips - they're going to need an awful lot of chips to go with them. :LOL:

that's unusual - ftse generally all but disregards the dow opening shots, but couldn't wait to join in today and it's holding up strong as dow comes back.

dominic picardi keeps moving up his ftse targets, he is now saying 6797

At this stage though you could just pluck any number that is a few % points higher and it'll soon be hit. The real genius will be the one who calls the turn correctly, even if it's a pullback they call - now that's a lot harder than picking a higher target in such a rampant bull market.

At this stage though you could just pluck any number that is a few % points higher and it'll soon be hit. The real genius will be the one who calls the turn correctly, even if it's a pullback they call - now that's a lot harder than picking a higher target in such a rampant bull market.

That's what I've been saying for weeks! Not to dismiss anyone and congratulations to all who are still holding, but charting and other technical indicators are useless in this market.