Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Well if it's any consolation Split I'm still in this long/short that I've been holding since last Thurs.

It keeps teasing me but not enough yet to close out, think it might be a long week.

Thanks will have a look.

Have now made a spreadsheet for AUD comparing to DOW.
Want to test for another 3 months before sharing, first 2 week looks okay apart from a few teething problems on equal value of each instrument .
Not sure if I could get to the stage where I trade with no charts, just would not feel right.

Not much happening now so catch you all on Tuesday.

cya Tuesday Bustech

I haven't made anything, yet, today, and whereas I put my first trade at b/e, this one has not given me an opportunity to do so. My present stop is at 10 points and I could be stopped out, easily. I think that I will keep going, though.

5 points for me so far ... get the Bolly out

I might get stopped, here, but have decided to put an order at 10 points the other side, as well, just in case there is a spike in that direction.

Hallo, mate, where have you been?

I am about to take my train ride. Here's to a spike in the right direction!

Ah the famous Splitlink "Open and walk" strat hey ;)

I've been lurking, working on this correlation pairs trading that Barjon introduced me to.

"Here's to a spike in the right direction" Chin Chin

I'm back at the computer, again, and have removed the order. I prefer to try for more, if I can, but you have to be careful if you can't be there

nice article about spread trading.....

First, let's define spread trading: It is the simultaneous purchase of one futures contract and the sale of a different contract. The futures contracts can be different delivery months in the same commodity; or they can be two different commodities spread against each other. Or, they can be the same commodity traded on two different futures exchanges. The spread trader becomes simultaneously long one futures contract and short one futures contract. A spread is composed of two "legs." One leg is the long contract position and the other leg is the short contract position.

Synergistic Trading

nice article about spread trading.....

First, let's define spread trading: It is the simultaneous purchase of one futures contract and the sale of a different contract. The futures contracts can be different delivery months in the same commodity; or they can be two different commodities spread against each other. Or, they can be the same commodity traded on two different futures exchanges. The spread trader becomes simultaneously long one futures contract and short one futures contract. A spread is composed of two "legs." One leg is the long contract position and the other leg is the short contract position.

Synergistic Trading

(y)

from article

Large commercial firms are often large spreaders and analyze and utilize commodity spreads in many different ways. Large speculative firms (the funds) also employ spread trading. The smaller speculators-the individual traders-are the least frequent users of spread trading. This is because of the complexity that tracking and analyzing some spreads can entail. However, there are simpler spread-trading techniques that individual traders can employ.

from article

Large commercial firms are often large spreaders and analyze and utilize commodity spreads in many different ways. Large speculative firms (the funds) also employ spread trading. The smaller speculators-the individual traders-are the least frequent users of spread trading. This is because of the complexity that tracking and analyzing some spreads can entail. However, there are simpler spread-trading techniques that individual traders can employ.

I think the author of the article was looking at spread trading stocks which can be hard to track, this website is amazing for tracking spreads and pairs: - Trading

However when pair trading indicies it's quite easy to keep track and analyse.