Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

SD - Been crunching numbers all morning as I've been intrigued with the Pivot Points. I've mainly been doing PA, but thought that I would try that after that video. I tried plugging numbers in for the last 7 days and came up with a ratio S&P/FTSE of 4.05825 (roughly) - it gave me a PP of 5773. The problem with that is that the resistance level were almost 80 points away and support was about 40 points which seem a bit much.

I did calculations of a bunch of different numbers for the ratio and the last 7 seem to be the best. I tried taking numbers far back (30 days, 60, etc.), but they came out too high.

How are you figuring out your ratio?

SD - Been crunching numbers all morning as I've been intrigued with the Pivot Points. I've mainly been doing PA, but thought that I would try that after that video. I tried plugging numbers in for the last 7 days and came up with a ratio S&P/FTSE of 4.05825 (roughly) - it gave me a PP of 5773. The problem with that is that the resistance level were almost 80 points away and support was about 40 points which seem a bit much.

I did calculations of a bunch of different numbers for the ratio and the last 7 seem to be the best. I tried taking numbers far back (30 days, 60, etc.), but they came out too high.

How are you figuring out your ratio?

Hi begeegs

The pivot represents neutral in turns of bullish/bearish, since ftse is way above the buy pivot its saying market is technically very strong.

the FTSE last came in contact with the pivot , was when it hit the buy pivot 5672 about one or two days ago..

the way to find the ratio of ftse/sp500 is to use the 1min chart and add a 50ma. take a reading from the same time for sp500 and ftse. that gives u the ratio, currently 4.0289, i do that every day at 4.25pm ish. try and avoid taking a reading from the 50ma on 1min if the ma is trending sharply, try to find a period when its reasonably stable.

using yesterdays 7day ma, on sp500, 1406.42 multiply by yesterdays ratio, 4.0092 = 5638 (coincidently the low from the 5th) as the point from which to get long. above their it indicated strength below bearishness

Now 5 min chart looks like cup and handle. We had a really volatile range yesterday about this time before a sharp up move. In that case, beware the spike down to 5781.

I kept a line at 5781 as a practice order. Went to 5777!

Twice in two days.

US jobs data out , think markets priced in the improvement by keying off the adp/productivity data

In the meantime I had increased my SL a little over BE and got stopped out during the fall after the NFP with barely a profit :(

Hi begeegs

The pivot represents neutral in turns of bullish/bearish, since ftse is way above the buy pivot its saying market is technically very strong.

the FTSE last came in contact with the pivot , was when it hit the buy pivot 5672 about one or two days ago..

the way to find the ratio of ftse/sp500 is to use the 1min chart and add a 50ma. take a reading from the same time for sp500 and ftse. that gives u the ratio, currently 4.0289, i do that every day at 4.25pm ish. try and avoid taking a reading from the 50ma on 1min if the ma is trending sharply, try to find a period when its reasonably stable.

using yesterdays 7day ma, on sp500, 1406.42 multiply by yesterdays ratio, 4.0092 = 5638 (coincidently the low from the 5th) as the point from which to get long. above their it indicated strength below bearishness

Thanks for that!

Attachments

• Reserve.png
    Reserve.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 126