Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

HSBC/RIO/BLT all up strongly 1.3% each

the cyclicals are being bought

defensives being sold off, markets sniffs at central bank stimulus

HSBC/RIO/BLT all up strongly 1.3% each

the cyclicals are being bought

defensives being sold off, markets sniffs at central bank stimulus

SD

Do you think the market has already priced in some kind of QE or Operation Twist from the Fed.

HSBA 4 month chart HSBA has broken out of very large bull flag, should support FTSE100

although ftse100 will be sluggish as people rotate out of defensives into cyclicals, once this process is over ftse will rocket higher

another bad data

Swiss ZEW investor sentiment -43.4 fall from -4 in June and much weaker than median forecast of -15

but today markets are on hopium

damn me, filling just dropped out - must have been gritting my teeth too hard :)

Should have been mine. A curious thing happened to me, this morning, About an hour ago I wanted to buy the Euro and bought the Dow, instead. The digits are fairly similar, just now, and I was looking for the value, not the name, not spotting the lack of the decimal point. So I punched in the "buy" and found myself nursing a falling Dow. After a brief "take" of the situation I lost 14 points before I got out.

Now I am in FT cash for 5574.

Missed the 9/30 set up twice to go long .... bit new to the set up but its good to see it work, next time.

Attachments

• today.PNG
    today.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 133