Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

did I miss some news, why is it rocketing?
The FTSE powered ahead today, breaching the 5500 level, as investors speculate that the Federal Reserve may extend 'Operation Twist' or unveil another round of monetary easing on Wednesday to reinvigorate growth.

There was also positive news out of China today, with commerce minister Chen Deming saying recent government measures to support growth are working and that his country is now rebounding.

Economists at BNP Paribas believe the Chinese economy reached a bottom in May, and is now exhibiting a moderate recovery. They expect China's annual GDP to grow 7.4% year-on-year between April and June, before picking up to 8.5% in the final period of 2012.

Also boding well for sentiment were expectations of greater coordination and unity for tackling the eurozone crisis. Today's G20 meeting is expected to see eurozone members pledge to do whatever is necessary to safeguard the single currency.

Meanwhile, late on Monday the IMF announced that the total funds pledged to assist the eurozone has increased by $26 billion to $456 billion. IMF managing director Christine Lagarde said the funds will be drawn on only in emergency situations after all other facilities have been exhausted.

Spain held another government bond auction this morning. The embattled country managed to raised more than its €3 billion highest target, collecting €3.39 billion from 12 and 18-month bill.

The FTSE powered ahead today, breaching the 5500 level, as investors speculate that the Federal Reserve may extend 'Operation Twist' or unveil another round of monetary easing on Wednesday to reinvigorate growth.

There was also positive news out of China today, with commerce minister Chen Deming saying recent government measures to support growth are working and that his country is now rebounding.

Economists at BNP Paribas believe the Chinese economy reached a bottom in May, and is now exhibiting a moderate recovery. They expect China's annual GDP to grow 7.4% year-on-year between April and June, before picking up to 8.5% in the final period of 2012.

Also boding well for sentiment were expectations of greater coordination and unity for tackling the eurozone crisis. Today's G20 meeting is expected to see eurozone members pledge to do whatever is necessary to safeguard the single currency.

Meanwhile, late on Monday the IMF announced that the total funds pledged to assist the eurozone has increased by $26 billion to $456 billion. IMF managing director Christine Lagarde said the funds will be drawn on only in emergency situations after all other facilities have been exhausted.

Spain held another government bond auction this morning. The embattled country managed to raised more than its €3 billion highest target, collecting €3.39 billion from 12 and 18-month bill.

thanks

Heads Up early SD and HTW.
Get ready to sell early in the FTSE.
First good buy support comes in at 5515 - 5530

Heads Up early SD and HTW.
Get ready to sell early in the FTSE.
First good buy support comes in at 5515 - 5530

bustech my analysis shows FTSE to be very strong technically, but who knows

I think FTSE goes +15 according to sp500

Morning all ...... anyone tell me how to post a chart, my IT skills are a bit rusty.

Morning HTW

on the bottom of the page select "go advanced" and when u get to next page it has a button saying "manage attachments" click that and u select the file u want then click "upload"

Just testing see if this works;

Thanks sd.

My problem (one of my many problems) is that as I am trading on a moving average cross there are days like yesterday when I don't trade yet there are many points on the table. You were spot on Yesterday sd with your insistence that the market was very strong whilst I was waiting for a turn (that didn't come) However I think I see (now) a chance that I might have got in yesterday using the 9/30 set up you showed me. about 9.30 and then later in the day. Is that right do you think?

Attachments

• ft100.PNG
    ft100.PNG
    82.9 KB · Views: 113
bustech my analysis shows FTSE to be very strong technically, but who knows

I think FTSE goes +15 according to sp500

Just reading the Price in Asia.
No belief in last nights rally in Europe, US and UK.
If we get the last one hour sell off in Hong Kong at the close.
Should be able to take the FTSE and DAX down with it.

Just reading the Price in Asia.
No belief in last nights rally in Europe, US and UK.
If we get the last one hour sell off in Hong Kong at the close.
Should be able to take the FTSE and DAX down with it.

FTSE/Dow/SP500 all technically strong

FTSE buy pivot, 5520, we are 70pts above that level which indicates extreme strength in the trend

Check out SP500 , it is implying FTSE +6 5592

there is an ETF us listed. IYM it has broken back into a down trend channel this is bullish imho

Just testing see if this works;

Thanks sd.

My problem (one of my many problems) is that as I am trading on a moving average cross there are days like yesterday when I don't trade yet there are many points on the table. You were spot on Yesterday sd with your insistence that the market was very strong whilst I was waiting for a turn (that didn't come) However I think I see (now) a chance that I might have got in yesterday using the 9/30 set up you showed me. about 9.30 and then later in the day. Is that right do you think?

HTW are u using bollinger bands?

i posted a website which allows moving average backtesting. anyone check it? cant test intraday only daily though

if u can test moving averages on sc pro, which is the best moving average to use on 15min ftse100 ?

Price over (under) moving average? Give me some averages you want to look at and a time frame and I'll back test it and send you the chart.

Last edited: