Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The main poster was Martin and I think he is taking a break from trading.

This was a good thread when people were posting actively

Struggling to make any head way trading at the moment, de-risked after the VIX jumped sharply, staying short the s&p, cut my FTSE bull, bought Tullow oil after their east africa oil find.. but made no difference as they have fallen inline with the FTSE

Well if it helps anyone, I could post my trades. You will make money by doing the complete opposite!

Long 5628

Struggling to make any head way trading at the moment, de-risked after the VIX jumped sharply, staying short the s&p, cut my FTSE bull, bought Tullow oil after their east africa oil find.. but made no difference as they have fallen inline with the FTSE

Hi, you believe in long/short pairs trading? have you been to a anton kreil seminar?

If you buy TLW AFTER the oil find, then would "buy the rumour, sell the news" be in effect

Where does 5670 come from SD?

I use the sp500(spy) to trade the ftse100,

The daily buy trigger is 138.22 for spy, which given the ratio of spy-ftse100 = 41.065, gives us a value of 5675 for ftse, as the daily pivot for being long above this level and short below

No, but I would be interested in anything that could refine the direction.

I tend to take a start position and hedge if it starts to go the wrong way. Biggest problem is closing too early i.e. the +5 stop (although it didn't today) is hit more than it isn't so I should probably just close the trade - I must do some stats on this to see if the reality matches the gut feeling.

Now be+37

And closed out as I type