Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

so where did the ftse100 traders go?

I think any such thread fizzles out when the main protagonists stops / loses interest.

Majority of members on these boards seem to be
- by and large passive receivers (me included)
- interested in useless banter
- venting life's frustration on others

Very few engage in constructive posts. So once such rare person / group of people stop it does not take much for such threads to fizzle out.

Unless someone takes place of the leaders or these people come back themselves - hard to see this thread surviving much longer.

I think any such thread fizzles out when the main protagonists stops / loses interest.

Very few engage in constructive posts. So once such rare person / group of people stop it does not take much for such threads to fizzle out.

Unless someone takes place of the leaders or these people come back themselves - hard to see this thread surviving much longer.

Everything (including the written word) has a life cycle. Best put it in a file along with other useful threads for reading/learning later.:)

I think they got "stopped out"

or they got their last "margin call"

did you use my buy level today, was perfect,

Is the level today 5735/40?

Buy above 5700
sell below 5690

Dow had great strength yesterday

Dow 9pm close = ftse 5775, I would short ftse if it gets above 5795.

Dow I think cannot add to yesterdays 200+ so think Dow goes sideways to down on closing basis. ( as it normally does after a strong up close.)

Buy above 5700
sell below 5690

Dow had great strength yesterday

Dow 9pm close = ftse 5775, I would short ftse if it gets above 5795.

Dow I think cannot add to yesterdays 200+ so think Dow goes sideways to down on closing basis. ( as it normally does after a strong up close.)

thanks...will ftse as far as below 5690 today?

two important events at 0930
- Unemployment Claimant Change
- MPC minutes

thanks...will ftse as far as below 5690 today?

two important events at 0930
- Unemployment Claimant Change
- MPC minutes

The market is already way above the buy trigger, so that figure is not much use, so we use the dow close as reference, Dow close = ftse 5775, my hunch is dow will be unable to hold positve values into the close so short FTSE at 5795 (which equates to dow +40)
Also notice the gbpusd is down significantly from the 9pm dow close. this will add downward pressure on stocks unless gbpusd can quickly rebound.

The market is already way above the buy trigger, so that figure is not much use, so we use the dow close as reference, Dow close = ftse 5775, my hunch is dow will be unable to hold positve values into the close so short FTSE at 5795 (which equates to dow +40)
Also notice the gbpusd is down significantly from the 9pm dow close. this will add downward pressure on stocks unless gbpusd can quickly rebound.

gbp spikes up sharp on claimant count numbers

wonder if the spike gets reversed, looks like they triggered a lot of buy stops on gbpusd, the dow close flat to weak stills stands

Hi, I have just discovered this thread and have been viewing it recently and with interest. So, if you feel like posting some more I'd appreciate it as I think what you are saying is on the mark.

Cheers

Hi, I have just discovered this thread and have been viewing it recently and with interest. So, if you feel like posting some more I'd appreciate it as I think what you are saying is on the mark.

Cheers

you been a member for about 9 months and this is your first post, I feel honoured

So coming to FTSE what's your view today? So far it has been strong and GBP also has made a new high today

Like you said it is strong today and GBP too. That is one of the things you talk about that interests me - the relation between ftse and GBP and dow close.

I am looking to short at 5800 if we get there. Otherwise just waiting and watching. Tho we have tested 5790 several times now and I took some small shorts. And as I type the ftse is heading down so next stop could be 60 again.

short cable at 6060 so far looks good will look to cover at 6024
US Unemployment Claims @ 1330 UK