Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

blimey 65 trading books! which one is at the top of the list then?

I know but you don't get any points for the number of books read in this business.
To be honest DL alot of them were rubbish and/or limited practical use. I'm not trading 5 minute charts at the moment but I have to say that for scalping futures Al Brooks first book is up there.

yes i have few trading books myself 4 or 5 i think. i havn't finished reading any of them, they are so exciting i fall asleep after the first few chapters:)

so you trade price and volume?

yes i have few trading books myself 4 or 5 i think. i havn't finished reading any of them, they are so exciting i fall asleep after the first few chapters:)

so you trade price and volume?

perhaps there's a gap in the market for trading manuals with stimulating images ;)
I just trade price - I used to look at volume but I find less is more. My brain isn't very good at multi-tasking or multi-decision making, so I take it easy on it and try not to overload it

perhaps there's a gap in the market for trading manuals with stimulating images ;)
I just trade price - I used to look at volume but I find less is more. My brain isn't very good at multi-tasking or multi-decision making, so I take it easy on it and try not to overload it

Yes, I think that there should be something in volume but I don't think that it is short term trading. I have never been able to make reason out of it. It seems to me to be a good porcentage of hindsight ie. when you see it, the price has, already, changed.

split, i see it as a forward indicator

we have a fair bit of volume building up under 900 today .....this might be indicating a push up....im looking at a 10 min chart

even more volume in now ...i suppose at this level we have to consider how much of it was selling...hopfully we'll just get a test of 900 :)....s&p is going loopy again

Hi Guys.. hope you are all well and fabulous !!! thought I would look in and say hi !! am not trading ftse at the moment chaps.. as volatility just far too low for me. I have moved on to the DAX as you get a better range and moves.. FTSE is just so boring at the moment.. will probably get back to the ftse if VIX picks up which would probably make DAX too volatile for me..

hi dj, thought you had emigrated:)

this thread has been a bit quiet lately all the regulars seem to have dissapeared. i looked at the dax a while back but i felt it was moving a bit to fast for me. similar analysis tho ...do you find that?

this thread has been a bit quiet lately all the regulars seem to have dissapeared. i looked at the dax a while back but i felt it was moving a bit to fast for me. similar analysis tho ...do you find that?

Yes,, levels owrk very well.. you have to accpet more squeezes through them.. but you can really afford to be patient and just play the best moves.. I found I could be looking at the ftse for hours and not see anything great. DAX has also been trending well,, which is great for the fibios :)

despite not a regular I do still read frown but have money tied up with worldspreads:(

glad it's working for you...still tayloring?

Sure am ... short sale day today.. and quite a powerful one... S&P and DOW all hitting key long term levels.. ready for qtr end profit taking I guess.

Must admit , I miss DC... (respect to you too Dick) but DC added some real colour and knowledge. The thread has not quite been the same since he departed. Hope he makes an appearance soon. I have sent him a couple of private messages , but no response.

Sure am ... short sale day today.. and quite a powerful one... S&P and DOW all hitting key long term levels.. ready for qtr end profit taking I guess.

Must admit , I miss DC... (respect to you too Dick) but DC added some real colour and knowledge. The thread has not quite been the same since he departed. Hope he makes an appearance soon. I have sent him a couple of private messages , but no response.

yes he certainly held it all together seems everyone lost interest since he departed. i think what impessed me was the way he would give a call and then stick to it like glue ( superglue )...takes a lot of bottle. to be honest i'm not very good at this forum lark and i hate to see all dick lexic posts one after the other ...why don't you hang around dj....see if it can be revived?

yes he certainly held it all together seems everyone lost interest since he departed. i think what impessed me was the way he would give a call and then stick to it like glue ( superglue )...takes a lot of bottle. to be honest i'm not very good at this forum lark and i hate to see all dick lexic posts one after the other ...why don't you hang around dj....see if it can be revived?

ok matey.. we need to have more fun eh?

currently short DAX at 7163 !!! ES hit targets overnight .. not sure there is much more room for it upsode right now.. but daresay it might try... I am taking short positions this week on strength.. am sure there will be a lot of profit taking into the qtr end