Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

might be a dangerous game, reksa - I've got a lot of my shares rolling over and more shorts coming into play than longs atm - still only half position for shorts though.

does your :( mean you're long DJ (or were)

no BJ short all day mate .. but ready to buy soon

yes... recently had some good results ... just that if you did I wondered what you thought about short £/$ at 1.6058 ??

no idea really dj, i had a shot at it but i wouldn't even write my levels on here :eek:

interesting yearly chart tho ...not happy to go below mid point of 2009 1.53735 maybe one for your diary ...

i know........you'd rather have a big ashtray on a motorbike:LOL:

no idea really dj, i had a shot at it but i wouldn't even write my levels on here :eek:

interesting yearly chart tho ...not happy to go below mid point of 2009 1.53735 maybe one for your diary ...

i know........you'd rather have a big ashtray on a motorbike:LOL:

and the rest mate......

anyway , am calling it a day.. am tired .. but only a smidgeon off my target.. will go drink beer I think.... can't even be bothered for ES to hit 1409.. hope its tomorrow now..

Anyone in the 8:30 reversal? Might be a stutter, or worse, at 9:00

The early bird catches the worm, Jon. I bought into the UStech at 0500. A 3 point OOH spread but I've done it before and it does not worry me unduly. Sometimes, I can make 8 to 12 points before the open at 1430 and if I have other things to do in the morning I don't bother watching FT.

Today, I was lucky to get out a bit before 0930. I should have shorted something, then but I didn't---so there!

Morning all.. I was short the pullback on the open (trading DAX) was making great money.. thought I would hold it with a stop in case it was the staet of a bigger move... but wasnt to be... went short again at 9.30 which was nice... messy price action .. might sit this one out today unless I see something better soon.

looks like your reversal worked bj?

the 8:30 was fine, protected with a DOW hedge when it stuttered at 9:00 before it fell but FTSE been weak against DOW since (-4) so that's slightly dented the gains.

Yesterday's hedge cost me -22 since FTSE continued weak throughout the day so I hope today's doesn't wipe out the 8:30 to 9:00 gains. FTSE has been - 66 weak against DOW over the last two days and should be standing at around 6040 had it kept pace with DOW from start of the year.

Durable Good release will be interesting today...previous was -4.0.. expected today + 3.1.... that is a big swing...

the 8:30 was fine, protected with a DOW hedge when it stuttered at 9:00 before it fell but FTSE been weak against DOW since (-4) so that's slightly dented the gains.

Yesterday's hedge cost me -22 since FTSE continued weak throughout the day so I hope today's doesn't wipe out the 8:30 to 9:00 gains. FTSE has been - 66 weak against DOW over the last two days and should be standing at around 6040 had it kept pace with DOW from start of the year.

Miners have been weak in FTSE.. interesting that the ASX is looking weak and many of the miners are listed on ASX too.. for me the FTSE has been the canary in the mine. (see what I did there?? :LOL:)