Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Hope all had a great Xmas...anyone trading this week? I will be back at my desk tomorrow to take stock of things...

yep. short on the cash ftse. 2012 is going to see steep falls. Clearly false strength at the moment.

I'm not trading even though it is clearly tradeable. It's holiday time and I'm spending some quality time with Mrs C-J and the two over-excited, chocolate stimulated, little fluffy tops. I'll be back trading on tuesday and ready for a rest!

seems I have had the floor to myself then
but I might give it a rest tomorrow

we had a higher low around lunch time and it looks determined to take out yesterdays high

This chart is just a follow up to my earlier effort
its on the cash as my futures continuation charts have gone awol

ftse34.gif

the next few days could be interesting

Interesting to see FTSE UK 100 rolling contract trading on my SB platform today, even though cash and Liffe are closed.. just spoke to Capital Spreads who tell me it is tracking the DAX today !!! it took the index up close to 5640.. couldnt resist a short here.

Might have caught that a bit early.. nice stop run today.. DAX broke through it's intermediate trend resistance and is now pushing on the longer term trend line from the July highs. So, anyone shorting ftse with stops above the trend line have now been taken out. Am still short though.

thats funny really because I have been trading DAX today

btw I have a gap above 5644 on FTSE futs

Your right , the gap is large now .. I am still short going into the eveing session and tomorrow. If we dont fill the gap in the first couple of hours of trading then, I might wait.

With ISM and NFP this week , I think it will be a choppy week.

If you were long DAX , then you had a good day eh?

its been a bit of a one way street today

just one trade and leave it alone

but I have to go out this evening
black tie job

so I will have to let it go soon

I just wanted to wish you all a very Happy New year to you all great traders and a very profitable one full of pips, full of joy, full of health for you and your beloved,

blanca.

I just wanted to wish you all a very Happy New year to you all great traders and a very profitable one full of pips, full of joy, full of health for you and your beloved,

blanca.

Right back at ya Blanca :)

Whats the opinion on the opening price of the cash ftse then given the dax run today

We need to see what happens overnight.. At level we were at 6pm.. Then a lot of traders are coming back to their desks to find their stops taken out or the Market has gapped above them... I would personally expect a sell off down to a more reasonable level once liffe opens..

It will be an interesting week.