Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

U.S Dollar futures

actually , that is quite scary MC.. I dont often look at the UD Dollar Index..

by the look of things it seems to have tested its trend support.. (also a reasonably key GANN angle and level..

The scary think is where it might go if it does break through this level... if the dollar sells off so agressively to the next levels down.. then I think it is time to buy a strong gate and lock myself and family in the house...:cry:

actually , that is quite scary MC.. I dont often look at the UD Dollar Index..

by the look of things it seems to have tested its trend support.. (also a reasonably key GANN angle and level..

The scary think is where it might go if it does break through this level... if the dollar sells off so agressively to the next levels down.. then I think it is time to buy a strong gate and lock myself and family in the house...:cry:

dollar goes down shares go up?

dollar goes down shares go up?

Yes, but any further down potentially suggests a run on the dollar.. which I find hard to believe.. but a move any lower on the index takes it into dangerous bear territory..

last thing equities or the world needs is a run on the dollar:(

It's fine for me, others like s&p, dow and forex all move a bit fast for my liking

Thanks.

This could be the right place to ask a question?

I spread bet FTSE100 - mostly short time trades. When I do that I keep DAX chart opened. I've heard that DAX is leading FTSE. Is it true? What is your experience?

I spread bet FTSE100 - mostly short time trades. When I do that I keep DAX chart opened. I've heard that DAX is leading FTSE. Is it true? What is your experience?

how short is short ?

and if its that short, does it matter ?

if you are trading FTSE, then trade the FTSE, imo

especially if you use an SB

how short is short ?

and if its that short, does it matter ?

if you are trading FTSE, then trade the FTSE, imo

especially if you use an SB

Thanks.

My trades are from few minutes up to couple of hours. If DAX is going up - I place a buy bet on FTSE100 (if I like the price action) and vice versa.

Thanks.

I have no idea about the dax, i use a chart of the s&p but only to be aware of certain levels being hit even prior to it opening, they are heavily correlated.

I have no idea about the dax, i use a chart of the s&p but only to be aware of certain levels being hit even prior to it opening, they are heavily correlated.

Thanks.

I've heard about S&P being correlated - leading FTSE100 and DAX.

sometimes they are all in the same big melting pot......

Inverted H&S on all the indices daily / weekly ....nice move if they play out ...S&P same

Thanks.

My trades are from few minutes up to couple of hours. If DAX is going up - I place a buy bet on FTSE100 (if I like the price action) and vice versa.

as long as you understand that they are calculated quite differently
and have different days missing from the charts

S&P is usually a better correlation (as Dick implies) as they are both market cap indices calculated in an understandable manner
but even that suffers from having days missing

so when one is playing catch up, the other may not move at all

best to
"keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel"

Thanks.

DOW and its futures lead FTSE, albeit that sometimes FTSE is a reluctant follower or a very keen one.

Thanks.

I've heard about S&P being correlated - leading FTSE100 and DAX.

to be honest i could never make my mind up who was leading who the ftse before 1.30pm? the s&p after that? then we get asia kicking in with it's opinion ha:confused:

i think maybe the s&p is the puppet master........just my opinion:)