Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

There's your 5226 DJ., and 4pm is approaching. It wants to bounce but it needs some help from his friends.

Martin

I usually scalp off 5 min chart and today has been very difficult ( esp since about 10.30am )

Just no momentum to get going and then we drift downwards again

f

Thanks fletchie. Me too. I actually have stayed out for most of the day, but have taken the odd scalp. I think the FTSE is about to break up. It's got fed up waiting for some help from the ES. The FDAX and FESX are down 3.5%, maybe they will give some of that back.

Is anybody aware of a free service that downloads the economic calendar into your outlook calendar? I have found the following which is $9.99 per month:

Econoday :: MyEconoday Solutions

Well worth it I'm sure but just being tight and wondering if you can get it free somewhere else?

At the moment, I print out the economic calendar for the week but there are times when I forget news events are coming up. Would be great to have an alarm going off in Outlook 5 minutes before each major news announcement.

Dick Lexic - thank you for mentioning that you can get Ransquawk free through Capital Spreads - much appreciated.

Is anybody aware of a free service that downloads the economic calendar into your outlook calendar? I have found the following which is $9.99 per month:

Econoday :: MyEconoday Solutions

Well worth it I'm sure but just being tight and wondering if you can get it free somewhere else?

At the moment, I print out the economic calendar for the week but there are times when I forget news events are coming up. Would be great to have an alarm going off in Outlook 5 minutes before each major news announcement.

Dick Lexic - thank you for mentioning that you can get Ransquawk free through Capital Spreads - much appreciated.

Chris, I've always used Forex factory for earnings calendar, and Earnings Whispers for US earnings news (only of use at results season for the likes of GS and BoA)

Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory

interesting price
FTSE target still same looks like I may have to recalc DOW later today

If we do retrace before hitting the 5089 cash.. then the best I can see is doing is maybe 5310 / 54

the later would be ok

target FTSE 5343 being set today and may produce a 400+ target tomorrow

the DOW is still the same 11795 at the moment

the later would be ok

target FTSE 5343 being set today and may produce a 400+ target tomorrow

the DOW is still the same 11795 at the moment

Fridays low at 5333 .. 5343 is the bottom of that days value range.. would be very good resistance !!!:whistling

then hold for the ride cowboy:cool:

My levels for today

5374/80 - Top of Fridays value area
5333/1 - Fridays Low/ yesterdays high --- suspect market will try to get back to this at least.. 5344 was bottom of Fridays value area
5200 - yesterdays low

yesterdays VAH - 5275
yesterdays VAL - 5209

it looks like we have a lot of resistance around the 5330 - 5379 range.. so if we get up here I would expect a bit of a fight.

Have a good day

The trouble with eurobabble news is that you don't know what is babble and what is trouble. Now the price action from just after 9:05am was sudden and severe and looked to me like a news event and not normal price action. At that point the FTSEZ1 had put in a higher high on the 5min chart and was possibly making a higher low, before the change in price action.

Now if the news was babble, then the upward price move should re-establish itself, but if the news really was important we should see a change in bias, and get some continuation down.

Last edited:
not good for scalping this morning.. small volumes.. news flow.. have made 30 prices.. lost 30 prices.. made 30 prices .. lost 10.... too hard... off to take a walk.. get a coffee and a flapjack from local gourmet cafe