Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

my instincts tell me to buy this market and US GDP numbers will beat expectations.. but my head tells me to wait and see...

:confused:

You were right about it going up, but the miss on the GDP is disappointing. But so far the market has ignored it.

HI Guy's

Nive to see a dedicated FTSE thread that seems objective.

with thanksgiving tomorrow any views as to how the US markets will affect our dear old FTSE?

Thanks

Chalky - this is how I see tomorrow and thursday. First thing tomorrow we should have a jumpy first hour because of all the PMI data coming out, then we should trend after about 9am. Then the US session from 2:30pm should be very active, but tailing off after 5pm. Thursday morning the first hour will offer something, after that the rest of the day will range.

You were right about it going up, but the miss on the GDP is disappointing. But so far the market has ignored it.

I think given where the markets are trading and the americans on holiday tomorrow.. they dont want to take it anywhere today -- see what the overnight session brings.. maybe up to get some stops

I think given where the markets are trading and the americans on holiday tomorrow.. they dont want to take it anywhere today -- see what the overnight session brings.. maybe up to get some stops

J, they are not on holiday tomorrow. It's in the afternoon and evening when they all make a mad dash to get home. Trains, planes and automobiles. And as they mostly only get two weeks holiday a year, they don't like to use wednesday as a holiday. They can save that day to do all of Belgium and half of Paris on their annual vacation.

J, they are not on holiday tomorrow. It's in the afternoon and evening when they all make a mad dash to get home. Trains, planes and automobiles. And as they mostly only get two weeks holiday a year, they don't like to use wednesday as a holiday. They can save that day to do all of Belgium and half of Paris on their annual vacation.

my apologies.. but just the same .. maybe more like today

I just wanted to post a couple of charts here to show the market has traded ok a couple of times today. This morning before 9am when the price action was relatively steady, we had two nice reversals. A down to up, and an up to down. Both of them were classic 123 reversals on the 1 min chart. Both involved a trend that ends with a crossover of the mid boly band, a test of the opposite band, a pullback in the direction of the trend that fails with a 1 tick continuation of the reversal.

The reversal up should have seen you filled long on the buy stop at 5249.0 at 8:25am, and the reversal down should have seen you filled short on a sell stop at 5269.5 at 8:52am. Both trades were good for 15+pts.

Attachments

• 22 Nov 2011 nice reversal up.jpg
    22 Nov 2011 nice reversal up.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 140
  • 22 Nov 2011 nice reversal down.jpg
    22 Nov 2011 nice reversal down.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 140
cool:)
right now with FTSE making new low after hours Im guessing your choosing your outfit for the big day

no worries my friend we goin high first 5426 weekly in stone

as I said earlier.. we have lights , fireworks and fancy food... and I have invited Pippa who tells me she is going to cut the tape !!! I am hoping to make quite an impression on her so that we might get cozy .. if you know what I mean :cool:

tend to agree with you

Had a tough day getting stopped out on almost every trade ;-(

I just cant seem to go short at these levels, a major fault on my behalf

Thanks for the reply though

It was a tough day today... I made about 50 prices but they were hard won and most of those were made on the open as I guessed write which way it would be played.... After a large trending day we often get a ranging day... On top of that the Market is trying to keep us all guessing.. Low liquidity... And an American holiday coming up... I personally sat for 4 hrs waiting for the right set up to come along.. Because days like these require lots of patience

The FTSE (cash) is flirting with 5130 in Asia trading, that is 41 points from
maybe a significant event in DJs life. (I hope he is sleeping soundly).

Is it premature to start a " DJ does not have to do it campaign?"

Last edited:
I know I usually post my levels but I am at a bit of a loss this morning.. the FTSE has already hit the lowest levels I had calculated based on yesterdays range .. my extreme low for today was 5133 and we have gone through this.. but rebounded off it. I have today as a buy day therefore it maybe the low has already been made.

my levels are:

5277 - PH
5193 - PL

VAH 24 HR - 5253
VAL 24 HR - 5216

VAH - DAY - 5265
VAL - DAY - 5216

of course the key price we are looking at is 5069/5086 which means xmas comes early to Woolworth :eek:

cool:)
right now with FTSE making new low after hours Im guessing your choosing your outfit for the big day

no worries my friend we goin high first 5426 weekly in stone

I dont need to tell you we need a big green bar to get to that price today DC:whistling

Im with you DadyJohn was expecting an up day today.

managed 3 turns long before 8.30, expecting (hoping) 5200 to be revisited from the S2 daily pivot.

still looking weak though and maybe more shorts are in order. - go with the flow i guess

managed 3 turns long expecting 5200 to be revisited from the S2 daily pivot.

still looking weak though and maybe more shorts are in order. - go with the flow i guess

I am playing off my levels.. bought at 5163 and then about turn for a short at 5190 just below yesterdays low.. -- will sit on my hands now.. see if it pushes through 5193.... would want it then to come back for a retest and then I will but - target 5244

I am playing off my levels.. bought at 5163 and then about turn for a short at 5190 just below yesterdays low.. -- will sit on my hands now.. see if it pushes through 5193.... would want it then to come back for a retest and then I will but - target 5244

looking good for it daddyJ

just think how easy and boring trading is going to feel when the politics gets taken out of the news flow !!

managed 3 turns long before 8.30, expecting (hoping) 5200 to be revisited from the S2 daily pivot.

Hey Chalky, are you calculating your own pivots? 5200 is higher than S1.

just think how easy and boring trading is going to feel when the politics gets taken out of the news flow !!

I'm used to a +120 daily range. I wish it stayed like this forever. As long as they run the news flow by me first :cheesy: