Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

FTSE doing its thing nicely this morning expecting a downward movement in to the US sesh and late day rally just to complete the three pattern with a Z day today.

tomorrow an inverted V day but think most players will short the close today and take money early they want to be money off the table before FRIDAY close

So it bounced off the 200% Fib extension (5374.0) of this mornings down move, and the 50% retracement (5375.5) on the daily. I still don't see it selling off yet, because we are coming into lunchtime. But if it does sell off during lunch, it should be a reasonable move down.

for a real good signal you would want to break 292, an 281 would be fine a 267 would be on the money and a signal to wait for a better shorting price

forgot I have a DOW target 319 today and looking for it early in the session I would expect the FTSE to make its low just before this comes on the DOW

Options expiry next week - maximum pain
10th anniversary of 911 this weekend
just a couple of things to bear in mind

I just got e mail from a guy called Colin Twiggs it's headline....

Denial is not a river in Egypt :LOL:

DJ - have you read Al Brooks's book? He uses the 20 EMA on the 5 min chart too. I like using the 1 min chart and 5 min chart in combination. Also the trick is to notice when the price action is unpredictable and to stay out until it is.

This morning looks like an indecisive day with low volumes and no-one clearly in control. This move back up from the 5289 low at 8:40 was without any retracement on the 1 min chart for at least 30 mins. A typical low volume suspend belief move up. You keep waiting for a pullback and it never comes.

hello - I'm going through the al brooks at the moment. I find it pretty useful with more substance than most trading books - almost like a brain dump - and it reads that way as well! (my only criticism but I prefer that to well produced rubbish)

not a bad little earner on the DOW, turning for the short as we approach the 419

I would like to see another low on FTSE around 274 or better before 4pm would be OK

FTSE players now looking for the short sell overnight DOW straining for the exit before 4pm

No Im gettin excited :LOL: