Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

morning barjon

until IG clients shift from 85% short to 85% long FTSE cannot fall,

we had sort of settled on the fact that buying strength and selling weakness was what works and that charts were not much good for trading.

aye, and I don't really subscribe to this masterful "they" who shift the market one way or another either :LOL:

For me it's all about money flow. When there's a net inflow of money into the market prices rise and vice versa. The reported truck loads of cash waiting to be placed once the fiscal cliff thing was "resolved" :)lol:) meant only one thing for the net money flow and therefore prices.

Eventually all those who wanted to buy will have been satisfied and there will be no-one left to buy and no influx of new money. At that stage sellers will have to offer down to try and winkle out buyers and they'll be joined by those protecting profit and then those late buyers beginning to run scared - and off we go as the net outflow increases. It's simple auction market cause and effect, not manipulation.

aye, and I don't really subscribe to this masterful "they" who shift the market one way or another either :LOL:

For me it's all about money flow. When there's a net inflow of money into the market prices rise and vice versa. The reported truck loads of cash waiting to be placed once the fiscal cliff thing was "resolved" :)lol:) meant only one thing for the net money flow and therefore prices.

Eventually all those who wanted to buy will have been satisfied and there will be no-one left to buy and no influx of new money. At that stage sellers will have to offer down to try and winkle out buyers and they'll be joined by those protecting profit and then those late buyers beginning to run scared - and off we go as the net outflow increases. It's simple auction market cause and effect, not manipulation.

agree, good explanation. some computers monitor twitter tweets and monitor certain key words and this is very reliable in predicting market higher/lower.

6329 anyone

volatility expansion, stratospheric rise, back in the year 2000 or the end of the markets as we know it roll on OWC

agree, good explanation. some computers monitor twitter tweets and monitor certain key words and this is very reliable in predicting market higher/lower.

Morning SD

Keep an eye on Hong Kong market and Japan Yen that should decide how much higher we go in the short term(next 4 weeks).
Also Asian steel mills are now full for the next 4 months.

draghi starts to speak, what happened last time he spoke?

Haha, every time Super Mario speaks there is a short squeeze.
I got burned last summer and now I know :LOL:

I didn't know he was speaking today.
Is there a site where we can get the info when is his next call ?

Morning SD

Keep an eye on Hong Kong market and Japan Yen that should decide how much higher we go in the short term(next 4 weeks).
Also Asian steel mills are now full for the next 4 months.

morning bustech

any idea why BLT/RIO down heavy 1.5% each.(selling asian mills news?)

people expect weakening yen and this is going to give big boost to japan stock market, this may boost HK also.

Last edited:
If someone goes short the Dax at the moment, what would be the best vehicle to hedge it, in case it goes against ?

thats tough, u would have to find something that rises more than the dax if things get bullish, cant think of anything, sometimes I use dax to hedge ftse. that works fine.

morning bustech

any idea why BLT/RIO down heavy 1.5% each.(selling asian mills news?)

people expect weakening yen and this is going to give big boost to japan stock market,

Same in Australia, ASX up strong BHP, RIO and major stock's down.
Some concern with China inflation with the spending package done by the the Chinese government at the end of last year, maybe no more free money . AUD taking a hit in the last 48 hours.
Maybe YEN is starting to replace the USD as the reserve currency for the hedge and fund managers in the world.

Weak YEN risk on
Strong YEN risk off.

Last edited:
Haha, every time Super Mario speaks there is a short squeeze.
I got burned last summer and now I know :LOL:

I didn't know he was speaking today.
Is there a site where we can get the info when is his next call ?

I look here for forthcoming Draghi speeches ECB: Weekly schedule

Good luck if you short the Dax. Seems to be resistance above 7840. There have been
repeated attempts to break it this morning but prices above this level are being rejected for the moment.

I look here for forthcoming Draghi speeches ECB: Weekly schedule

Good luck if you short the Dax. Seems to be resistance above 7840. There have been
repeated attempts to break it this morning but prices above this level are being rejected for the moment.

Thanks

Draghi doesn't appear till Feb 3, so we have some time to throw a few shorts around :LOL: