Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I guess everyone is waiting for some clearer direction. I for one cant tell what is happening and without an opinion will probably not trade until the new year.

Morning SD, Ian and all
BHP +0.96%
RIO +1.85%
ASX at 15 month highs.
Yesterday bear day, today bull day and tomorrow who know's
Most Asian markets up, very hard to read the markets at the moment.

the US ....have pushed up from fridays close but I think upside could be limited....looks like sp500 has had another crack at 1422 my charts show a bit of a gap up ..dow key level 13130 I think...as usual nasdaq weakest ..2660 needed for the santa rally....all cash

europe looks slightly better ftse holding 5890/5900 will keep the bulls happy ….cac/dax green lights but only just at the mo....maybe this fiscal cliff thing will screw it all anyway:)

Not a bad result yesterday ….even got nasdaq over 2660...lots of happy bulls:)

certainly seems to have a bullish bias now but all the indices face near resistance ...if they can clear then who knows we might get the santa surge …. ftse 6000 aint far way:)

I think dow key level is 13290/300 sp is already there so it'll probably lead the charge if there is to be one...just my opinion:)

Morning,

strong US session yesterday. Dow opened on its low of the day and pretty much closed on the high. Seen some follow through on markets overnight so it will be interesting to see how today pans out.

was US strength all down to draghi?

Asian markets have picked up on the positive leads from US trade with most of the major bourses in the region gaining ground.

It seems talks are progressing now with the latest headlines suggesting President Obama has come up with a counter offer to House Speaker John Boehner’s from the weekend. The proposal by President Obama is that he is reported to be seeking US$1.2 trillion in revenue and US$1.2 trillion in cuts.

As opposed to raising tax on households earning more than a $1 million a year, the US president is reported to be proposing a threshold of US$400,000. Although the two still sound far off, investors are relieved that the talks are underway and of course this could see leaders edge closer to a deal. As a result, risk assets have started edging higher in Asia, but still the moves in the risk currency space remaining unconvincing.

fiscal cliff has already been priced in...they will use any rumors, news to spike risk assets....anyway news or no news they would want to take the markets higher for year end for their bonuses

Can the fiscal cliff be priced in, when we don't know the final terms of agreement.

whatever it was ftse pretty reluctant to join the party

morning barjon,

the correlations have been all over the place, currently SPY implies FTSE at 5964, 32pts above where we are,

I have the dow as bearish. 13,245 resistance.

morning barjon,

the correlations have been all over the place, currently SPY implies FTSE at 5964, 32pts above where we are,

I have the dow as bearish. 13,245 resistance.

yeah, we well in the silly season now - all my main stuff under lock and key 'til the New Year

figured out that big block trades in FTSE futures is people rolling forward December 2012 into march 2013

Hi SD

do you expect dow to open below 13245 .... SBs are quoting 13290+ at the moment..

I was wrong yesterday, so I am unsure.

Normally after a strong up move I would bet on a flat/down close. But i have no real idea what made the dow go up100pts

the bull trigger today for sp500 dec was 1438.6 which sb hit.

Tim Haefke crowd looking for 1450 sp500 dec , roughly 6018.

I had figured FTSE 6137 once SP500 crossed 61.8 fib (1419) and dow 50% fib (13,077)

confused and disorientated.